Association proposal for options trading system

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Aquarians, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

There are a lot of Romanians working in many Western European countries. With your talent, skills and persistence why aren't you one of them? Instead of voting for the feminine Trump, vote with your feet. @dozu888 did and he is doing very well away from his native country.

#41     Dec 7, 2019
  2. I'm not 'a Romanian', I'm an 'elite Romanian'. Meaning:

1) I make a pretty good living here too, always did and probably ever will, so there's no hard incentive to try my luck in some other place.

2) Having a wife and kid who goes to school makes moving even more problematic. In case you haven't noticed, European Union countries still stubbornly tend to speak their own language by a large margin and even if English is rapidly catching pace, my kiddo is well past the hardware point where the transition would have been seamless. So I can't take them with me, can't leave them here so easiest is to stay here :)

3) Preferred way to mitigate #1 and #2 would be to start a business... here. Not at all local, you gotta sell globally to be competitive, but the team can be distributed (if there's a team involved).

I'm already in the 10% income bracket of the EUROPEAN UNION, 1% of my country for sure. There's no place for me to GO but there's definitely a much better place than where I live now to CREATE.

#42     Dec 7, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  3. I long to create a 1% of the 1% for... EVERYONE.

When I was a kiddo back in high school and the bullies there were beating me, I took up the courage to ask one of them: "why you do this, to me and others? weren't you at your own turn beaten when you was a kid like me?" And the answer was "precisely because of that, I'm beating you too".

#43     Dec 7, 2019
  4. >> I long to create a 1% of the 1% for... EVERYONE.

Realistically speaking if I could create 1% of the 1% just for me, I'd piss on your mother's throats, preferably while still alive ( http://factsanddetails.com/russia/History/sub9_1b/entry-4937.html : "He once let off a sequence of 74 curse words while decapitating rebellious Kremlin guards." ).

But I may not, case when Imma gonna try the other end of the rope: bottom up.

#44     Dec 7, 2019
  5. ironchef

ironchef

My apology.

Top 1% in any country should do very well financially. You don't need my financial help or advice.

Just curious, the amount you asked for seemed so insignificant, probably why we have our doubt if you are for real.

Best wishes to you.

#45     Dec 7, 2019
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

There are millions who won’t let that inertia prevent them from improving their lives. Trump supporters and their ilk across the globe want to squash that because they know they can’t compete with that drive.

#46     Dec 7, 2019
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Forgot to tell you @Aquarians, when I had my day jobs, I often had to commute to different locations to work but my family never left Southern California. Some of the places I commuted to for extended period of time (> a year):

San Francisco; Palo Alto; New York City....

I flew 3.6 million miles on AA and 0.6 million miles on United by the time I I quit my day job.

It was very hard on my family but allowed me to quit my day job early. Since 2010, I stay home to trade "full time". Wife hung in there all these years is now a happy camper... :)

I did it my way. Hope you will find yours.

Happy holiday to you and your family.

#47     Dec 14, 2019
  8. I'm seriously considering relocating temporarily (a few years), while my family would stay here. I know they won't be ecstatic but looks like I hit an income cap here with the companies and jobs available. I still got some businesses on the pipeline though, in order of potential: one of my own trading algos which is now in beta tests, a HFT arbitrage app I made partnering with an individual trader - still needs tweaking and probably periodic recalibration since it started well but profits decline in time and lately another partnership with a brokerage / trading company to program an HFT app for them, this time backed up by serious capital: $10M for starters, then presenting to $B investors. All while keeping my job which pays well for the region, only not enough to afford to retire within a reasonable timeframe.

Thanks & happy holidays to you and your family too.

#48     Dec 14, 2019
    ironchef likes this.