Asset raisers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cooltraderabhi, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Epic

Epic

+1

It is always expected that you'll need to at least do a meet and greet. But my clients don't get direct contact info for me.

#11     Mar 21, 2012
  2. Not sure what "don't get direct contact" means, but if you can land arms-length (ie, not friends/family) clients without attending one or more in-depth meetings, then you da man. That's rare indeed for a startup manager.

#12     Mar 21, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

They don't get to contact me directly. That is the job of the fundraiser. They must act as a sales rep in any other industry. When I buy a new IPad, I deal with the sales rep. I don't get to call up the Apple CEO. When a prospective or current client has a question, they contact the AP.

My program speaks for itself. My numbers are much better than most. Meeting me doesn't really make a difference. I'll meet with the client once to answer technical questions, but that is only because the AP is never knowledgeable enough about the strategy to be able to compete or teach a competitor. But most clients are contacted several times before/after I meet them.

1) "Hey, I've got an opportunity"
    2) "Let's review the basic info.."
    3) "How much capital do you want to commit?"
    4) "Any questions about how things work?"

This is where I usually meet them

5) "let's help you setup the account"
    6) "We've been notified of deposit, can you access account ok?"
    7) "We've started phasing you into the program"
    8) "You're fully participating now"
    9) "It's been a month, just checking in...
    10) etc....

All that takes many hours. My meeting in the middle takes about one hour.

#13     Mar 21, 2012