Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Shortsqueazed, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Noooo, anally retentive compliance that only hurts traders is a bad thing. I would just LOVE to know who is collecting those humongous oversell fines. If that's not a sign that smth is wrong I dunno what is. But besides that, as soon as SDS acquired Andover, all we saw was a bunch of extra compliance, more fines, more stringent rules and nothing to help the traders. No key updates to the system, no improvements to the reliability, no nothing.
    Our firm is actually quite solid and up to date. Yes they are compliant, maybe a little retentive in some paperwork but they don't screw traders with absurd fines & really take care of the trading system. We have insurance against losses during system outtages, what's the last time Assent refunded you for a hit u took during a system outtage? All I remember is the grumply asshole trade desk guy giving me an attitude, putting me on hold and then hanging up on me just because I needed him to do his d*mn for a few mins.

Wowee, a whole 10 newbie(?) traders. I've spoken to and know more than 10 non newbie traders that left in the last few months and I'm not even trying to seek them out. Just word of mouth.

No those dudes started pulling out money after they got the rumor from a reliable source. They don't need to deal with that, they got more than enough capital and track record that they can just go somewhere else and get treated like kings. I know one or more went to Schonfeld.

I don't have an idea and I don't care cause both of you are Assent cheerleaders so that just bout covers your incentives in this thread.

WorldCo was supposedely doing great also, even up to the last date. And not everything is bashing, there are and were obvious problems with Assent which kept getting worse every month since the acquisition. I still call there to talk to my buddies occasionally and I still talk to my good friend. From the conversations and my adventures on the Assent phone lines, I just get the impression that the staff of Assent does not even bother to pretend to try anymore.

Very true but the real successful traders that are smart cookies would not stay around long enough for that situation. Why even deal with that?

#41     Apr 8, 2005
  2. speedboy

speedboy

You're on crack if you think there is nothing being done for reliablility. You just dont see when shit goes down at Assent because when a line or server goes down it doesnt even impact traders because it fails over without traders even noticing. STFU if you dont know the facts.
    I can get into exactly how many new accounts are being opened but it's alot more than are being closed.
    The Hammer hasnt had a new release in a while I'll give you that but a new version will be out shortly and it's gone through extensive testing and Q and A and will be given out full proof and without bugs.
    And if you're not happy with Hammer you can switch to Assents alternate trading platform- Anvil with the majority of new traders using the Anvil system.
    The server room at the Hoboken Hub site went under a huge renovation and room was made for expansion back about last summer. That server room is at 95% capacity and is actually already being expanded again as this is being typed.
    I can guarantee you that within 6 months of its completion it will be at 95% capacity again.
    Stop pretending to know people in the know at Assent. Fact is nobody at Assent had any idea what, if anything Sungard had in plan for them.
    Idiots

#42     Apr 8, 2005
  3. I was trading at one of Assent's offices in NYC. I like to get my deposit back. I've made calls and emails and no replies. I no longer live in NYC.

It's been over a year now. What to do?

This is borderline illegal. Wtf?!

misctrader

#43     Jul 20, 2005
  4. alanm

alanm

Quote from speedboy:
    The Hammer hasnt had a new release in a while I'll give you that but a new version will be out shortly and it's gone through extensive testing and Q and A and will be given out full proof and without bugs.

Anyone heard anything about this? It's nice that it's relatively stable, but there are a couple of bugs I wouldn't mind seeing fixed.

Anvil is different enough that I'd have to adapt my style a little, and I've been to lazy to get to it :)

#44     Jul 20, 2005
  5. zdreg

zdreg

is it legal or not?

#45     Jul 20, 2005
  6. they still use hammer over there? when i was there they were testing the new anvil program, which actually hard a charting program... lol!

#46     Jul 20, 2005
  7. Some people still use Hammer, but the majority are using Anvil.

#47     Jul 20, 2005
  8. speedboy

speedboy

Ask you GSP or contact them about the new version. If you want you can beta test the new version now.

#48     Jul 20, 2005
  9. speedboy

speedboy

Not true. The majority are still using Hammer. The gap is alot closer now.

#49     Jul 20, 2005
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys,

This thread is about Assent. If you want to discuss Bright, or who is giving the "best" deal, or anything else other than Assent then please start another thread. Thanks.

#50     Jul 21, 2005