Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by watchthetape, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Aight, Automated had MOC problems. Some other traders had buying power problems. Incorrect buying power would show and prevent the traders from closing positions.

Also, Assent holds your money for 12 months. That is a long time IMO.

#31     Feb 21, 2004
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

"The only drawback is that it goes down too much IMO and for hours. On average it goes down once a week."-Simpleplan

That's pretty funny. My office has had one Hammer shutdown in the past 12 months...and that was because one of the techs accidentally ripped out a cable while moving equipment. We were down for less than 30 minutes.

"Incorrect buying power would show and prevent the traders from closing positions."-Simpleplan

That makes no sense. Buying power CANNOT BE ADJUSTED without the trader logging off and logging back in. Also, buying power has absolutely nothing to do with a trader CLOSING his positions.

#32     Feb 21, 2004
  3. Mecro

Mecro

I would go with VOLUME.

From what I heard about other firms' systems going down, my Hammer experience has been a godsend.

#33     Feb 21, 2004
  4. WHat a baby...u almost seem like your crying over there...talk about trying to protect an intrest...And could you cut down on all this philosophy talk also...U claim that I have no right to bash Assent b/c I should consider my problem to be unique and out of the ordinary, and therfore b/c i didnt poll every last trader in Assent I have no right to bash them ..Well listen here buddy...I could care less about other traders experiences with Assent...This is a public forum and I am stating my own experience with Assent. And if I want to Bash them b/c of what I went through with them, It is my right. With that said, It seems to me you have some intrest in Assent...I would like to wish you alot of luck ...b/c u will def need it there.

#34     Feb 22, 2004
  5. Mecro

Mecro

Yeah ok Im a baby. I'm not the one that came into the thread and stated nothing but lies. What's even funnier is that you went to Generic which just adds the icing to the cake.
    I can't tell if you just have an anti-Assent agenda and simply stating lies or you really had a bad experience with the firm. I'm not trying to say that Assent is heaven but it is certainly nowhere near what you claim it to be. Thanks for wishing me luck but I won't need it. All you need is a brain and common sense just so that you can speak to the right people if you have problems.

#35     Feb 22, 2004
  6. cuz

cuz

Your're right!!! At least someone on this post agrees with me about Assent.(HAMMER!!!)
    Down At Least once a week!!

And someone else wrote in before about MOC orders, and all I could say is when are theses guys gonna learn.
    5 min before the close and you got 15 orders out there and Hammer goes down........................Real Nice Trading Software............................AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BULLSHIT!

Someone else wrote before that it could be the Ferrari of software...............I guess they haven't experienced LightSpeed.

What a pity. I'll take Redi+ over Hammer.

I agree with you about AT by the way.

#36     Feb 22, 2004
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

theyre getting rid of AT and going the e-signal route... from what i hear... dont know for sure though...

#37     Feb 22, 2004
  8. A lot cheaper; but definately not a good thing ...

#38     Feb 22, 2004
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

e-signal??? problematic? havent heard anything about it nor know anyone who uses it... whats up???

#39     Feb 22, 2004
  10. Let me guess . . .

You are a LightSpeed Rep?

GET REAL.

#40     Feb 23, 2004