Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by guyendz, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Echo has Lightspeed, sterling, instaquote and uses Activ for data.

#41     Apr 15, 2010
  2. used laser for a year. Anvil is far superior

#42     Apr 15, 2010
  3. Lightspeed is the best platform as it has its own market data. They made major tweaks to system so works just fine...

#43     Apr 15, 2010
  4. So which Lightspeed office do you run?

#44     Apr 15, 2010
  5. work for Avatar

#45     Apr 15, 2010
  6. nyctech1

nyctech1

yea we switched to Avatar, lspeed, sterling, anvil. No cap up with track record.

#46     Apr 15, 2010
  7. AFAIK, only Assent offers Anvil. Avatar offers anything that works through Penson, like Lightspeed, Sterling, the Nexa offerings like OmniPro.... but not Anvil. I would say you are FOS.

Also Lightspeed offers no client-side API, not even DDE. And has serious reliability issues amply documented on this board. LSpeed Gateway is crude and feature-poor a LSpeed Risk is laughable.

#47     Apr 15, 2010
  8. I use Lightspeed and disagree with your assessment of Lightspeed Risk and reliability issues.. We ahve used it for quite some time and had no problems. As for the DDE I heard its coming in the next few months

#48     Apr 15, 2010
  9. trader 1515 you need to get your facts straight and understand how lightspeed works. your office is using a direct server thus few problems. but anyone who uses the vpn or ssl is having problems and thats probably at least 1/2 lightspeeds business. but of course vol has been low for 9 months thus the problems are no as great but when vol spikes big the remote guys are frozen out many times i believe one of your owners names is omar right? i looked at your firm years ago and my question is you ran a trading under a generic llc which according to new finra rules is not allowed anymore. you used to take a deposit and overide commissions which is not allowed. so i ask did your firm change there buiness model?are you still requiring a deposit and over riding non series 7 traders?

#49     Apr 15, 2010
  10. you are so off base on the business model of Lightspeed. Omar hasnt been part of the business since 2002. ETADE fired him way back then. It is now owned by an upstanding management team. The business is a pure agency business and does not extend funding outside of Reg T. I think you need to get your facts straight. I also trade off of a VPN and have had no problems.

#50     Apr 15, 2010