Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by guyendz, Apr 14, 2010.

1. slug

slug

Here is what I have heard.

38 Assent employees let go this morning. Anvil shelved and looks like traders are given 60 days to relocate.

I also remember Worldco final day and how annoying it was to see 15 guys standing out front with business cards but I guess the traders have to go somewhere.

#31     Apr 15, 2010
  2. Just saw this on ECHO's website. It looks like they have access to LightSpeed now.

http://www.echotradeonline.com/trading_tools.php?page=19

#32     Apr 15, 2010
  3. it's official now. 6/30 is the last day for anvil. I hate shopping.

#33     Apr 15, 2010
  4. Well that sucks. I guess the question now is where do we go from here?

-Guru

#34     Apr 15, 2010
  5. Skimmer

Skimmer

I hear the guys that originally sold the software to Assent are buying it back from Assent but there are major issues there. Doesn't seem to matter, all their registered traders have been calling Echo and BW to get registered and use Litespeed. the unregistered traders are joining groups that use litespeed all over the place. litespeed is the only application that is as good as anvil. Anyone know other places to trade that have litespeed? Please let me know.

#35     Apr 15, 2010
  6. nyctech1

nyctech1

in the process of making a switch to Avatar.

#36     Apr 15, 2010
  7. experience sterling, greybox, lighspeed users. Please PM me. I got some questions on software functionality. thx

#37     Apr 15, 2010
  8. dinotrade

dinotrade

Technically, Assent is staying open for institutional clearing. Sungard is just getting rid of dealing with the individuals (prop and retail).

Anvil will still be used by the broker dealers who use it currently with no gap. Contact one of the broker dealers if you still want to use Anvil after Assent shuts the prop desk and support for individual retail.

#38     Apr 15, 2010
  9. Does anyone know of any BD's that use Anvil? It would be nice to stick with Anvil.

-Guru

#39     Apr 15, 2010
  10. lightspeed has massive problems when vol gets heavy. the system freezes bad. try genesis they're very good

#40     Apr 15, 2010