ASSENT withholding initial contrubution for a year

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AutomatedTRader, Jul 18, 2003.

1. jem

jem

datrader. I am not sure I understand the point of your post. Are you saying there are no worries with Greentree trading because if a trader is part of that organization Assent sends the capital right out. But, if you are a trader with assent as your llc, Assent does hold your capital.

#31     Aug 1, 2003
  2. datrader

datrader

Assent does not hold money from capitol deposits when a trader goes through a JBO as a non-professional. What is your question?
    The initial comments posted had concerns regarding capitol access. My feeling is that traders may get the wrong impression about that point.

#32     Aug 1, 2003
  3. From a trader's perspective I believe that Assent holds your
    initial capital deposit for a year if you trade prop, with them.
    However, if you clear with them thru another firm or trade as a
    customer of Assent they don't hold your deposit.

#33     Aug 1, 2003
  4. I trade for ASSENt...and i contacted my REP

and he tells me that money that traders deposited into their LLC initially is locked in for a year. He told me that it is a company policy.

#34     Aug 1, 2003
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

If you are a prop trader at Assent, your initial deposit and any deposit afterward is locked up for 1 year. It is a firm policy (actually, it's Sungards policy...we never had that holding period before they acquired us).

Just to clarify something else---It is written in the prop agreement in regular type...not small print.:)

Volume

#35     Aug 1, 2003
  6. vonk

vonk

There's no free lunch.

#36     Aug 1, 2003
  7. And you are implying Sunguard doesn't ...

#37     Aug 2, 2003
  8. jeffgus

jeffgus

When I left your firm, You personally told me that you would not send my cash back til the year was up? I called your brother and got the wire off the next day.

You are unbelievable, Trying to milk an account for another month of seat fees. How do you sleep at night or do you have split personalities?

#38     Aug 3, 2003
  9. from what perspective do you make this meaningless statement?

from the perspective of representation (of a company, or policy)?

from the perspective of self representation (especially when the abuse is being directed personally)?

often times this expression is used to justify a "who cares who gets screwed" attitiude

#39     Aug 3, 2003
  10. Well, I'm totally confused, whether Assent holds the $ or not!

Stop the ****ing pissing contest. If you are truly that concerned about your precious $10k, just ask if they will specify in your contract that they won't hold the money.
    If they don't, you can always look somewhere else.

Reagan had it right. Trust, but verify. Go on written agreements. I wouldn't put too much faith in verbal assurances.

#40     Aug 3, 2003