ASSENT withholding initial contrubution for a year

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AutomatedTRader, Jul 18, 2003.

1. cmuro

cmuro

I don't like saying negative things about other firms so just take this as an example of the way some firms choose to treat their traders.

#11     Jul 21, 2003
  2. As much as I criticize A/A...I don't believe there is 'antics' as much as their is misunderstanding...And often times br. mgrs may or may not be well versed in what is actually being done...I believe that clause is nothing more then a 'safety net" statement thats all

#12     Jul 21, 2003
  3. cmuro

cmuro

Just add it to the list of misunderstandings between their firm and the traders.There is still a zero in the column that represents misunderstandings that were in favor of the traders

#13     Jul 21, 2003
  4. Of course, if they wanted to be clear, they could have said, "We get to keep your money for a year."

#14     Jul 21, 2003
  5. Item of curiosity, do the other 'llc/prop.' firms do business the same way? I'm not 100% certain, but, I'm pretty sure Bright does NOT hold your capital for up to a year after you 'quit'.

Any 'certain' answers out there?

#15     Jul 21, 2003
  6. Far as I know, for capital to be counted as good capital it is the capital that must remain at the firm for at least a year, regardless if the trader has been with the firm for more than a year.

For example, Joe joins Andover (Assent) and starts his account with 25K, then loses 15K over 6 months, and adds 15K more but decides he wants to join Bright or Echo a week later, he has to wait until the capital is a year old to get it back from Andover/Assent.... the 10K he has left from his original 25K he can have back in 6 months, a year from when he put that in, and the other 15K he has to wait 12 months until that capital has aged a year in Assent. So in essence a year and a half from when he joined the firm in this example. This is my understanding of how the rule works.

More firms used to hold capital from what I remember, but I think they all stopped years ago... I wasn't aware Andover/Assent was doing this, seems that would weigh pretty heavy into a decision to ever trade there.

Don is always a good one to ask about things like this, he is an encyclopedia about exchange regs. seems like... Don, you out there? Did I interpret that rule correctly?

#16     Jul 21, 2003
  7. alanm

alanm

That is not true.

Remember that you are far more likely to hear complaints than praises, particularly if it is in the traders' best interest not to raise the misunderstanding to anyone's attention.

I've said it before - "read what you sign".

#17     Jul 22, 2003
  8. vonk

vonk

Don is away this week.

#18     Jul 24, 2003
  9. jem

jem

I been in a lot of LLC,s and everyone of them had that line in them. Yet, I have never had a problem or seen anyone have a problem getting there money out. Of course the ones I was in were profitable.

Now, all the guys I spoke with said that this assent thing was no change from Andover and that andover was bought by sun and they had hugh dollars and this was great for the trader.

I was also told it was never a problem to get your money out.
    I assume Jon Kirkland is good for his word. I can not imagine that people would have trouble taking their money out.

If they do I will be pissed and I will do something about it. But I am 99 percent sure that all I would have to do is ask for my money and I would get it.

If your money is locked up, this would be like the best thing echo and bright ever heard and I will bring back my old fmb trading and make sure everyones money is liquid and rates are competitive.

#19     Jul 24, 2003
  10. axehawk

axehawk

I am pretty sure that Lynx Capital does not hold your money for a year, even though they are a sub-LLC of Andover/Assent.

Not sure about the other subs of Assent.

#20     Jul 24, 2003