Assent Training Program

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bluegar3, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I am a brand new trader and am consider joining assent. I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with their training program? Good? Bad?

2. There is no "company-wide" training program in assent. It depends on individual groups and group leaders. You should talk to the group leader and see how they are going to train you. Don't work under any group that provides no training (or very little training).

3. jtnet

jtnet

best training is learning on your own, spending hours infront of the computer watching, and learning how everything works and flows.

even with their "training" which is just teaching u basics like how the specilist works and trendlines.

4. jtnet,

Can you tell us how long it takes for you to learn by yourself? Do you know how much time and money it will save you by getting a good mentor?

Your group leaders make money from your commission. It is their responsibility to train you. Of course, you have to learn by watching the tapes, or whatever techniques you will use.

But for a newbie, i will strongly advise to get yourself a good mentor.

5. Does assent do anything with futures? If so, which or do they trade most everything? Do they require a deposit and how much?

6. No. Only stocks. Deposit amount depends on the group that you join. There is no company-wide policy.

7. They require a deposit of 5,000 which will yield purchasing power of 100,000

8. subban

subban

Anyone familiar with the prop group under Assent in edison nj? Have an interview with them shortly. supposedly pays $2,000 a month draw for six months.

9. You should ask for less BP than 100k if you join. Without experience, that 100k will most likely lead to you losing your initial deposit very quickly. I suggest taking it slow (100-300 share lots) until you can start pulling a paycheck before worrying about getting more BP.