Assent shut down Denver office

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by funtrader69, Dec 10, 2003.

1. I hear Assent has closed their Denver office and Prop traders can not trade with them anymore.

2. Ebo

Ebo

Impressive first post!
    Why would they not be able to trade remotely?
    SUNGUARD is not in trouble.
    You are a rumour monger.

ebo

3. I never implied Sungard is in trouble. I was only stating that Asent shut down their Denver office and that prop traders can't trade there right now.

No rumors no bashing just facts.

4. Assuming this has already occurred lets just say that it could be the other way around and that the Denver group could have left to focus on more productive trading products besides stocks.

Assent is not in trouble.

5. Why doesn't someone just friggin' call them and ask?
    Phone: 720-346-0206

6. It is more fun to speculate and have 30 pages of guessing what is going on or why they would leave Assent.:D Maybe we can take odds and bet on the answer.

7. Great point! I've already called, asked and received the answer, so I can't honestly bet. I wanted, just out of curiosity, to see how this thread played out.

8. Yea I know people there so I can't either. However I can play the roll of the House, assuming the House always wins.

9. My understanding is Assent came and basically fired them. Told them they didn't want them anymore. I understand the story the Denver office is using is that they wanted to switch firms and focus on other products.

10. The truth is probably somewhere in between the two versions. Although I know they have some things going on besides equities as you would think (in my opinion) any evolving firm or office should be looking at as trading opportunities increase in other products.

#10     Dec 10, 2003