Assent outage today sucks

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bandit, Mar 31, 2004.

1. gatrader fyi assent is also in N.J. edison

#11     Mar 31, 2004
  2. lescor

lescor

The west coast citrix sever was down for about 5 minutes this morning, but I didn't get booted from the vpn connection at all today. Are you in an office?

#12     Mar 31, 2004
  3. I know this may sound odd coming from me...but no matter how good a system you have, how great your servers are, how many redundancies you have....stuff will still happen...and the way I look at, you have a 50/50 chance of things going your way in that few minutes that you may be down.

I'm sure assent has phone numbers to their main trading floors to take orders and/or numbers directly to the trading floor to help you close out positions.

Heck, they're owned by a data processing firm for gosh sakes...I'm sure they know about connectivity....

(It does suck when things go down, and it will always seem like the worst possible time, but it's still weird that I never hear from anyone who actually made money during an outage...and yet it happens just as much as the times when people lose)..

Peace...

Don

#13     Mar 31, 2004
  4. Rule36

Rule36

Seems like Assent or stay w/Generic or maybe Echo.
    Assent-lower commis
    Generic-reliable systems
    Echo-I'll get back to the guys who PM me to get more info.
    hmmmm, decisions

I found out why Bright Trading is down to 3 traders is the desk fee is $700 in NYC !!! & they made the other traders go trade at home because they didnt do enough volume to justify the lease!
    $700/month gets me a new BMW, ok, well maybe used.

#14     Mar 31, 2004
  5. Rule36

Rule36

sorry, didn't mean to bash Bright Trading

#15     Mar 31, 2004
  6. The commission schedule I'd gotten was about the same between the two (if not a better a commission with Generic).

#16     Mar 31, 2004