Assent outage today sucks

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bandit, Mar 31, 2004.

1. bandit

bandit

I have been one of the biggest proponents of Assent for a long time, but this outage sucks the big one. I have not been down in over 2 months, but when it is in big money time, .... shit!!!!

had to vent
    Bandit

2. jimmyz

jimmyz

What is the problem with the firm---power failure, platform failure, or what?

3. bandit

bandit

wHO KNOWS, JUST DOWN FOR 15 TO 20 MIN THIS AM

4. hey bandit I work at assent also, how would you rate the firm overall, and I've heard rumors about them closing, have you heard anytthing like that?

5. VOLUME

VOLUME

Absolutely not.

Assent just spent a few hundred thousand on new servers and other equipment in the Hoboken office, as well as a large renovation to add more private offices and conference rooms.

6. Thanks volume I appreciate the response. I usually never listen to rumors like that but a friend said it came from a good source, but could'nt specify a time, he said maybe 2 months or maybe 2 years, so it really did'nt affect me either way just curious if anyone else heard anything. Thanks

7. Rule36

Rule36

I was thinking of switching to Assent, giving me a better commission schedule.
    But this outage scared me a bit.
    Still with Generic right now, maybe should stay.
    Was thinking of Bright again but I dont think they have their act together, they closing down their NYC office, or down-sized it to 3 people.

Any suggestions anyone?
    I do about 75k to 100k/day only listed.
    Profitable.
    thanks

8. Goldman Sachs is moving all their offices to New Jersey...we are still in one of their offices...we are looking for better digs....to accomodate more (serious) traders....any ideas? Let me know...

Don (we will be here forever) Bright LOL

9. Don are u saying whereever Goldman goes, you will establish an office within their space or are u going to find a separate? Here is a quick lowdown on where your competitors are in N NJ. Might give you an idea where to position this satellite office.
    Schonfeld-Paramus
    Hold-Jersey City
    ETG-Verona
    Generic-Roseland

Anyone else in NJ know of others?

10. Thanks for the input...and, yes, we can always "commandeer" some office space at Goldman...(Contact me if you know some good traders in NJ)...but right now we assumed a small spot in the 120 Broadway building...and are looking around downtown and midtown...any ideas....??

Don

#10     Mar 31, 2004