Assent, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Motrader, Sep 14, 2005.

1. macomer

macomer

well I have noseries 7 and they offer me not .5 but 1 and I have to put 5k. then i think I have available sth like 50,000 no more than that!! so is it worth it?rember I am new, I ll be trained and yes there is something about tape reading wich i dont have a clue what it is!!

#31     Sep 25, 2007
  2. hi don, is 10 mil really enough with all the traders you have & risk exposure of overnites? you have several hundred traders, most holding overnite probably .. unless you have some other strategies to offset risk as well?

#32     Sep 25, 2007
  3. cstfx

cstfx

5k with 10-1 leverage is about average for a new trader, especially one who, by your own admission, is not that experienced. If you prove yourself, they will give you more leverage - it takes time.

But 1 cent per share sounds awfully high for Assent. I thought it was usually in the .5 range, even for trainees.

#33     Sep 25, 2007
  4. We do have awfully good risk control, and a trader would have to lose all their money, $10 million (much more actually) of our money before anything could even remotely affect a trader. We have only had a handful that even got into our money at all, and very small at that.

Don

#34     Sep 25, 2007
  5. some guys at prop firms will get what they can, their is no fair rate to some, your just a atm machine to them.. don't play the churn & burn game, get charged fairly, otherwise its like being raped from day one, it will not get better in that environment, does not matter what b/d they clear thru. that is why you must find a ethical co to work with. if their scamming from day one, just run.. save your losses for the market. their is no one do anyone any favors if your money is on the line, it must be a two-way street. don't let them put their hand in your pocket, without a kiss first.

#35     Sep 25, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

Got a question for you - is this Assent, or one of it's subLLC's that proliferate the landscape? I thought that Assent traders, those that work FOR/WITH assent directly had to be licensed.

#36     Sep 25, 2007
  7. assent can be strictly retail 4-1.. or go thru a sub-llc co with a license or non-licensed traders... the poster is probably with a llc-group.. their are so many groups under all these b/d corps. .. new ones opening all the time..

#37     Sep 25, 2007
  8. timcar

timcar

At 10 to 1 with $5,000 down gives trader VERY LITTLE room for error. With 50k total buying power this DEAL seems hardly worth it. Especially if trader is getting screw with:

1. Prop firm holding deposit for a year

2. Trader paying penny a share.

Think about it 500shs trade at Assent $5. any retail firm $7. (LOL Big savings at prop firm. LOL)

The main reason to go PROP firm is to get more buying power.

#38     Sep 25, 2007
  9. 1) Anyone who is worried about their measly 5k being locked up for a year has no business in the industry. If money is that tight, then you should wait to build up a bigger cushion before entering the biz.

2) Nobody in their right mind would ever pay a penny a share....and no way in hell was he quoted that price from an Assent office.

#39     Sep 25, 2007
  10. agree, doubt its assent.. other firms do. any deal someone accepts should not cry like a bitch as their being overcharged, know what your doing to begin with, the market will take the rest of your money in any event until you wise up & learn what its all about. too many posers, that can't even get a job at mcdonalds & dream about getting rich.. insanity... deposit that cash we will help you spend it.. pay your dues..like most of us & learn, no easy road to riches.. if you think the market owes you, think again.

#40     Sep 25, 2007