Assent, LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Motrader, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

For the record, I have nothing against Assent. I just would want to go somewhere where I am not part of a large organization that has nothing to do with trading other than this division they can't or won't sell.

Every office is different and every firm is different. Just need to pick the one that is right for you.

Assent or Bright would work for most.

#11     Sep 14, 2005
  2. macomer

macomer

Guys, What conditions an what should I negociate and how much (if i have to negociate) cause I have been offer to start working with Asset...I am new at this whole trading experience!!!?????

#12     Sep 22, 2007
  3. '

Everyone has an offer to work with assent. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decarying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Pretty much try to get the comms down as much as you can, just shoot significantly lower without sounding like a dumbass and tell them that you like their platform etc. but you can't justify paying a cost that is significantlyl higher than firm X offered you. Say that firm X offered you .006 for up to 1,000,000shares/month, and .005 for anything over 1 million. Don't be too antsy to start - remember that Assent works for you, you don't work for them - and that all they do is execute your trades. Also realize you'll most likely blow through your entire deposit.

#13     Sep 23, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

to execute your trade is no little thing. it is not exactly something you can do on your own.

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decarying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap."

may i use this beautiful quote?

you should have finished the 1 paragraph by using a word like effluvium or detritus to describe his place in the universe. he will undoubtedly thank you for improving his vocabulary.:D

#14     Sep 23, 2007
  5. a fair rate for a active trader is .0035 / 3.50 per thousand with charges & rebates period.. UNLESS... your a new trader & will receive training & are NOT required to deposit money then paying a higher rate is the norm.. its what is agreed upon period.. most traders that are experienced & active WITH deposting risk capital should pay no more than 3.50 per thousand ... their should be no volume requirement period.. comm is just one factor in choosing the right firm to work with in any event. you should trust & like the people your doing biz with.. your are opening a account with a firm.. your not a employee & not working for anyone period.. you are a independent trader.. get your agreement in writing so their is no problems.

#15     Sep 23, 2007
  6. Moreagr

Moreagr

scorpion,

Is that .0035 rate with or without sec fees? I do alot of volume at times and my sec fees would can be $30 per day

#16     Sep 23, 2007
  7. sec & nasd fees, are extra.. we all have to pay.. just the way it is.. that is a flat rate plus & minus all fees that apply..

#17     Sep 23, 2007
  8. macomer

macomer

guys thanks for your help. yes I will be a new trader, obviously not active yet and a will receive trainning by the company...my major concern is the 5000 thousand they ask to start. What if I dont like the job after a couple of weeks, what will happen to that money? i mean my monetary situation is not great now! so in conclusion you say that i should get sth around 3.50? do you guys have a fixed salary or is all comissions and do you actually make a salry in your first months cause someone told me is all loss at the beginning!! thanks for your help!!

#18     Sep 23, 2007
  9. their is no-lock up period if your NOT a licensed trader with assent. your not being hired as a employee, you are independent trader.. most likely no salary? comm... may be higher since they are training you, which is understandable.. i would put up less capital maybe 3k to start & see how it works for you. any market losses will come out of your risk capital, so if this money you can not afford to lose, you could reconsider your options & wait until you are comfortable learning without the stress of making money immediately.. the worst situation to put yourself in. it does take time to learn in order to earn a living trading. take your time & choose the right firm in learning the market so you have the best chance of being profitable.

#19     Sep 23, 2007
  10. guys thanks for your help. yes I will be a new trader, obviously not active yet and a will receive trainning by the company...my major concern is the 5000 thousand they ask to start. What if I dont like the job after a couple of weeks, what will happen to that money? i mean my monetary situation is not great now!

When I traded remotely thru Assent they had a one year "lock up" on my initial $5000 contribution. I was a licensed trader, but they required licenses in order to get any decent leverage, at that time at least. If you need to be able to get that money back... if you decide that trading is not for you, in a couple of months or so, then you might try trading thru one of the many prop firms that do not "lock up" capital.

#20     Sep 23, 2007