Assent/Hammer reliability

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by newyorkcity77, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everything that you say is what I have already heard.

It is just unfortunate that the REMOTE trader simply does not get the kind of support that Assent Office traders receive. It appears that many of the "office" type traders have come on this thread in support of Hammer. Yet, they are not trading on the platform that REMOTE traders do and thus are amazed to learn that there are users of Hammer that don't use as many Pom-Poms as they do when speaking about Hammer. Yes, Hammer can be FAST and SPEEDY. But from the REMOTE trader's perspective it is a bit long in the tooth.

The Cytrix-based platform needs better support; that support needs to be in-house support. Cytrix Hammer also needs more servers to cut down on the "bottlenecks" and capacity restraints.

Just my humble opinion.

#41     Nov 19, 2003
  2. speedboy

speedboy

I agree the support for them isnt quite as good as in house. But combining the Citrix and VPN to one SSL product and joining the two support groups has got to be a plus. The phone issues as far as I've been told is being worked out. There will be a proper routing procedure for the calls in case of a large amount of calls.

#42     Nov 19, 2003
  3. so since the SEC stopped the Bullet (married puts) rule, then by taking away a major component trading method with Hammer,

what's left?, especially with their hammering stock methodology?

#43     Nov 19, 2003
  4. speedboy

speedboy

It's not just Hammer without bullets, it's no bullets period.
    If a firm hasnt implemented that yet then they will by Friday.

Whats left is a trader that knows how to make money regardless of using bullets. Yes , they are out there.
    Whats left is speed and reliability.
    duh.

#44     Nov 19, 2003
  5. IMO hammer is the without a doubt the platform you are going to want to use without bullets.....if you've used it, you know what I mean. These last two days my PnL and volume has not been effected at all. Sure, I would prefer to have the bullet, but you can still get into the move.

#45     Nov 19, 2003
  6. jem

jem

Waggie, I guess I would rather waive pom poms then be as obviously pompous as you.

I am in Florida now and I use the vpn remotely. I was mentioning that it is fast in the office and fast on the vpn.

two if you read my posts on the holding money for a year thread you would see I was no cheerleader there.

#46     Nov 19, 2003
  7. fourcups

fourcups Guest

I trade at assent and i got use to that problem.But its a problem last min of day i get locked up.........

#47     Nov 19, 2003
  8. I'm not going to get into a "pissing-contest" with someone that was still trying to obtain their learner's permit while I was trading on the COMEX for Paul Tudor Jones in 1986.

Apparently, there appears to be a few more people here that have problems with the Cytrix-version of Hammer "freezing" up.

Ciao

:p

#48     Nov 19, 2003
  9. jem

jem

You do not want to get into a pissing contest after you start it?

Neither, do I so I will let it rest. But you do not have me pegged.

#49     Nov 19, 2003
  10. burnin

burnin

waggie,
    looks like you are active in bond (futures?) what system do you use? to execute

#50     Nov 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.