Assent/Hammer reliability

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by newyorkcity77, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cytrix is what most REMOTE users use.

The outage is so bad, that you can't even call the ORDER DESK to cancel your orders. ALL the servers are down!

:mad:

#11     Nov 14, 2003
  2. Dustin

Dustin

NYC77 you jinxed us...this is the worst outage that I can recall.

#12     Nov 14, 2003
  3. Dustin

Dustin

VPN is a standalone program, whereas Citrix is run off the NY servers. Citrix feels similar to java.

#13     Nov 14, 2003
  4. This outage is inexcusable.

Same old, same old BS.

:mad:

#14     Nov 14, 2003
  5. lescor

lescor

Yeah, the worst outage I've experienced. VPN connection was ok though. I'm on the citrix servers in LA.

They just got it back up, but sdot went down right away.

#15     Nov 14, 2003
  6. I trade at the 43rd and lex office.

In reply to Dustin- I would take my post as a timely warning for what the future holds for Assent if they don't update the systems...

It seems like many remote traders replied to my post. I appreciate the posts but I believe the remote traders and the Assent offices are on a different system, but I'm not sure.

->

#16     Nov 14, 2003
  7. Remote traders are on the Cytrix-based platform, while Assent office traders use the VPN platform.

Cytrix is supported, "out-of-house" by a technology group that subcontracts for Assent. They have been well aware of capacity constraint issues on Cytrix for months now, and yet there still has not been a Server upgrade. The responsibility of this obviously comes down to management at Assent.

Although I hear that VPN is more reliable, a friend of mine that uses it in an office back East says that this last week has been a total horror show!

#17     Nov 14, 2003
  8. I know in the San Diego and LA offices we have been down maybe two or three times in the last year. I have heard some stories though from one of our guys that is trading in NY right now. Looks to be a NY/East Coast problem. Your probably correct that it is due to the influx of traders recently without an upgrade to the back bone.

#18     Nov 14, 2003
  9. chuckles

chuckles

The assent reliability has no correlation to hammer/anvil whatsoever.

When the system goes down, it is not hammer that goes down or the database that runs hammer, all that equipment is super fast at all assent Hubs, such as Ny and LA.

The main reason that the system went down is connectivity problems.

If a main line goes down, then connectivity is lost and therefore the system goes down, it has nothing to do with the reliability of hammer!!

Backup systems are in place to route orders through different lines, but these are backups and cannot always hold the panic of a main line outage.

Orders can be placed by phone if needed. So even if the system does go down this is the last resort, but it is still an option.

on the west coast we have had maybe 2 or 3 instances where our connectivity is lost, but it is never the case that Hammer crashed or that hammer is unreliable.

chuckles

#19     Nov 14, 2003
  10. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

The entire Hammer System went down today.
    You could not even have your orders executed via the trading desk because the ENTIRE system was down!

Then, once it finally came back up you were not able to execute via SDOT.

Stop the "spin" and marketing BS and GET REAL!

#20     Nov 14, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.