ASSENT - got this offer... are there better out there?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by KING_HARDCASTLE, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Echo offers

10k deposit
    0.003 /share
    full ECN rebates
    zero software/remote fee
    20+ intraday leverage
    series 7 required
    100% payout

isn't that good for you?

#11     Dec 1, 2009
  2. just wondering, does Assent sponsor you for the series 7?

#12     Dec 1, 2009
  3. I had my seres 7 and 55 and 24 prior to going to Assent, but I think that they will sponsor you.

I see that firm "Chimera Securities" clears thru Assent. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do they have a good training program? What is their profit split?

#13     Dec 1, 2009
  4. tango29

tango29

My understanding was Echo does charge for software and data as a pass thru.

#14     Dec 1, 2009
  5. Been with Assent for the past 1.5 years. the rate you are getting is good and fair. What was important to me was to have a firm that pays money on time and a trading platform that is rock solid and Assent provided me with both. GL

#15     Dec 1, 2009
  6. with assent, do you have to pay any software/data fee?

#16     Dec 2, 2009
  7. my guess is econometrics is 'assuming' the software rebate per a certain volume level, thus zero cost. (i think 200k shares a month is the req, could be more ...anyone know?)

if you notice on these boards, Echo and Bright have the best reputations. Echo's deal seems best suited for scalpers and Bright's deal may be a better fit for pairs traders.

bottom line, they are both honest firms. (one less thing to worry about)

#17     Dec 2, 2009
  8. tango29

tango29

Exactly snooptrdr, if you trade enough shares the cost is rebated. I just wanted it to be clear they do have a cost and if you don't trade enough in a month you will pay a portion. Actually it's not their cost in the first place it is the traders.

#18     Dec 2, 2009
  9. bro59

bro59

HeHe, no software fee at Echo huh? Then I guess I've donated a bunch of slush money to a black target huh?

.035 at Hold for me. Software fee is minimal relative to Echo's stated fee.

This per share fee issue is getting tired. It costs nothing to clear trades.

#19     Dec 2, 2009
  10. Remote is 100 for Assent

#20     Dec 2, 2009