Assent Conversions?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Load_the_boat, Jan 15, 2004.

1. xbrxx

xbrxx

I know a guy at Hold who uses those SLPs a lot. I think he spent like 5 grand last month in just SLPs.

xbrxx

#121     Apr 20, 2004
  2. since so many are afraid to dive in,,,, all the stepping down sellers (see www.cyclopstools.com for the size bids/offers) have fewer scalpers in front of them jumping in and bailing too early.
    Its been a awesome year so far for those of us using those badboys

#122     Apr 20, 2004
  3. Mecro

Mecro

I can't tell if you are trying to be sarcastic, joking or just lying.
    We have slips and honestly I do not even want to use them. The commish is too much and eats up your profits. God forbid you actually get hurt. You cannot get filled when you really want to, like a tanking price. As for the fewer scalpers, not true again. Just as many short scalpers as ever, except that half of them are constantly trying to uptick and bounce the stock.

I am not bashing slips because I understand their structure and am thankful for the tool. But they are far from bullets and have very limited successful use. I short naturally nowdays and my best trades are still on the short side. Yes the uptick scam and the short squeezes suck but at least I do REAL trading and not bullshit 5 cent short scalping.
    I really think the best way to go is to concentrate on a few key stocks and buy conversions. I have recently tried to short the exact top of a stock that I trade everyday just to be the first in line of a stepping short into a 40 cent fall with no upticks. A conversion would have been great.

#123     Apr 21, 2004