Assent, Bright or Hold

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hawkeye222, Nov 9, 2006.

1. What firm is best(Leverage, commissions and platform) for a pairs trader who trades between 3 and 5 Million shares per month? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Arnie

Arnie

Bright.

For pairs you need overnight leverage and they are def the most lenient. As long as you have some discipline they will give you a long leash. I traded there for about a year. Solid firm, no worries about your money.

Assent is another good firm, but your money is tied up for a year. No opinion on Hold.

3. Hold Brothers and Assent give the best rates (sub $2/1000 for 2+ mil/month). Dunno much about Bright, but I had heard that they are not competitive on rates. I think Assent and Bright give better leverage than Hold (20-1 overnight vs 6-1 overnight, intraday is even).

Hope this helps.

4. Thanks for your help.

Steve, do you pay sub $2/1000 for 2+ million. Is that the rate for Hold or Assent? Our groups trades more than that per month.

Arnie, I have also heard good things about Bright Trading but I also heard that their rates are not competitve for Pairs. Any comments?

Thanks

5. Yes I do....+ ECN Fees.

6. are you directly under Assent or do you have a group leader?

7. hmmm. Don must be taking the day off.

8. they're ain't nobody in an assent or hold office doing 2 mil vol and getting leverage paying sub .002. thats bs outside the office owners

9. Totally agree. No way are you getting .002 for that volume...not even close.

10. Fractal

Fractal

I can factually show that it's done for over 2 mil shares a month. I doubt sub .002 at 2 mil, though.

#10     Nov 10, 2006