Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

2. “We have an obligation to act -- not wait,” Biden told reporters after a more than two-hour roundtable at Virginia Commonwealth University to discuss the administration’s push for new gun-safety measures.

The usual, "Ready, FIRE, aim"? Or, "never let a crisis go to waste"?

3. pspr

pspr

It's going no where. I think that is why they are bringing illegal immigrant amnesty so soon. They don't want to start of with a big defeat staring them in the face. I hope they get two defeats right off the bat.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

5. =============
    :D Joe Biden likes to shoot a long bow, according to elite trader photo.
    Good for him but ''one size does not fit all'':cool:

6. Mercor

Mercor

FF: Have you ever fired a gun?

Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.

FF: The whole family?

Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.

Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas. And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were ten, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that.