aspiration bank

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ggelitetrader000, Mar 20, 2017.

1. seeing this a lot in recent weeks in facebook advertising. They say they are new kind of financial organization focusing on middle class instead of millionaires:

https://www.aspiration.com

Anyone has tried with their product and if so what your experience was?

2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

are you in any way related, derive compensation, have relatives, or work yourself at that institution?

3. motif

motif

Generally speaking, I would avoid doing business with a finance company that's promoting a political agenda.

4. Lee-

Lee-

Considering they're targeting middle class instead of millionaires, I think it will all work out. FDIC insurance goes up to $250k right? ;)

5. Not at all, however it caught my eye because it concerns about causes I am interested for.

6. joarbana

joarbana

What I do know about this Gig is that it is headed by Andrei Chernyl, one of the youngest individuals to work at the white house ever, under Bill Clinton in the Coms department headed by John Gurrola at the time. Its kind of a new age based investment deal, you choose what you want to pay the broker (there's still fees within there mutual funds you just don't ever see them and they(aspirations) still make money since roughly 90% choose to pay) they invest alot of Ebay's money I know that as well. The funds are all ran by UBS (not 100% sure but I spoke to Andrei on the phone once and I think that's what he said). Overall its gained alot of attention in the liberal world for being all green and such and there funds have a standing record of beating the SP 500 by 3% pretty consistently. Might be a good place to go with your money.

Hope this helps.

7. motif

motif

This helps me clarify not putting my money into a Marxist organization. Definitely helped.

8. joarbana

joarbana

Well wouldnt go so far as to call it Marxist haha but of course, always willing to help someone with some info.