ASKJ - Anyone involved?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by areyoukidding?, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Does anyone know what fair value is on this thing? I owned in at 6, sold it at 14, and now I just shorted in on Friday, ouch. Any opinions?

2. lojze

lojze

I would NEVER short a rallying stock.

Also I wouldn't short stock, where the stock in same category (MAMA) shot up so much this month.

3. Amen

4. Fair value??????
    There has never been and there never will be any kind of a fair value. In addition, there have never been efficient markets, nor have there ever been efficient portfolios. Only academic suckers believe in that shit, because they don't know and IMHO will never know how to make money.

Are you kidding, man?

5. Companies are not based on there future earnings or future revenue potential. Sounds like 1999 to me, but maybe Im wrong.

6. Hello...

7. Cutten

Cutten

Place a stop a bit above today's high, and an order to cover half at $31.63, and the rest at $25.71.

8. Appreciate it, I wrote some calls and puts too, we'll see what happens.

9. NEW YORK -- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) plans to launch two new Internet search services later this year, as the software giant expands its push into the search technology market.

At a meeting of online advertisers hosted by Microsoft, the software giant's executives said Friday they will introduce MSN Newsbot, which gathers news from hundreds of news sites, and MSN Blogbot, which can search Web logs, or personal Web pages.

Yusuf Mehdi, vice president of MSN information services, said Microsoft is also working on technology that would let Web surfers type questions rather than search terms and get natural language answers. The service will be called MSN Answerbot; no release date has been set.

On Thursday, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer told the conference Microsoft had made a strategic mistake when it chose to form partnerships with competitors rather than develop its own search technology. Ballmer vowed Microsoft, of Redmond, Wash., would step up its efforts to compete with rivals, including Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc. (YHOO).