Asking a show-off for proof

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by SpotTrader, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Thanks for the great advice. Instinctively I know you're abs. right.

In my 5-yr trading I'm a confirmed money loser, only just recently breaking even with a new-found belief in my method. Job at McDonald's would pay better. Had I been a trading winner, nobody would be able to throw me for a loop by attacking my method. So my own bad performance + my own internal demons have set me up for this insecurity in the face of attack.

Very grateful for your advice.

ST

#21     Oct 14, 2009

2. He's nailed just about everybody in the forum - latest casulaties are 2 trading buddies who each gave him $40k.

Can't do nothin about it because its a UK site, 99.9% Brits, he is Brit too, so are the mods and American-bashing is their favorite sport.

I'll be gone within a month most likely - lose my journal, great buddy exchange of charting/live trades etc. Bummer.

#22     Oct 14, 2009

3. Thank you for almost completely clearing up my fog on this "proof" subject.

So OK, I get points 1 & 2. Done.

but point 3 .. how can a live call be fudged if it has the forum time stamp?

#23     Oct 14, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

They will make up stories about their live calls or only point out the good ones... or make them after the fact and say that they were too busy to be typing in the forum. They put the burden of tracking all their live calls on you... and there seem to be a lot of lazy people that will not do what it takes to establish some error band of accuracy..

Something that might work if the trade caller was automated would be an automated post to the Trader's Chat here on ET in realtime...

#24     Oct 14, 2009
  5. SpotTrader,

Liberal use of the ignore function is your best defense. I add people almost every day I read these forums. But at the end of the day, why do you care? Your time can be better spent improving your trading, not trying to one up some fool. If you believe you didn’t get the product you thought you would, let it be a lesson that things that often seem too good to be true, usually are. Acknowledge you made a mistake and move on. Also remember, that the more someone brags about how much money they have and how they move it around, the more likely they are to be full of it. The really successful people try to keep their affairs as private as possible. They don’t need to brag to feel better about themselves. They have that quiet confidence that comes from knowing they are in charge of their own destiny and that they and they alone are responsible for it. Life it too short.

Good trading

BM

#25     Oct 20, 2009
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

live real time free emini sp calls www.oddballsystems.com and fully disclosed anyone can do it.

toys on this page 7xr.com

#26     Oct 20, 2009
  7. PPT

PPT

that site looks like POS!!!

forget proof.

send them your money and remember you are the sucker. nothing more, nothing less.

can anyone here think for themselves?

#27     Oct 21, 2009