Asking a question for a senior friend

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 20092009, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 20092009

I am asking a question for a friend. She has a roth IRA with citibank, she told me her money on her roth IRA was invested on CD account, and the CD will mature in May 2010. Can she transfer her roth IRA to Scottrade roth IRA now? Or she need to wait till May 2010 to transfer? She does not have any scottrade account currently. She is 53 years old now, and she wants to know whether she can continue to contribute to her roth IRA after 59 1/2 years old. The primary reason for her to transfer her roth IRA to scottrade is that she want to invest the money on stock market(short term investment). After she turns to 59 1/2 years old, can she keep her money in her roth IRA and continue to trade stock? Does she need to pay tax for the capital gain made after she turns to 59 1/2 years(if she takes out the capital gain)?

Thank you very much!

2. Damn !!! I wish I thought 53 was 'senior'.

4. Fractal

Fractal

Cold, your new approach to vast riches is now about trading your IRA into the millions by the time you retire?

5. Fractal

Fractal

Have I mentioned before that it's time for you to quit creating aliases on Elitetrader, log off, and seek the support of your local psychiatrist?

I'm not sure.

At any rate, you're not a trader. Your psychology is clearly completely at odds with what's required for consistent success. Plus, you're annoying the fuck out of me by the fact that I can't ignore you, and am forced to run into you every day, because you create a new alias every 10 minutes.