Asked If Justice Department Is Spying On Congress, Holder Refuses To Answer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 6, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

wow the screws on this administration are unravelling so quickly, its almot unfathomable how crooked they are.

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?content=NPMNQK1KQR58ZV56&content_type=content_item&layout=&playlist_cid=&widget_type_cid=svp&read_more=1" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

During testimony before members of Congress on Thursday, Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) asked Attorney General Eric Holder whether his department’s expansive monitoring of the communications records of journalists extended to members of the Congress. Holder refused to answer the question in a public setting, prompting Kirk to scold him for not simply responding “no.”

Kirk began by referencing the developing scandal surrounding the revelation that the National Security Agency has been requesting the phone records of all of Verizon’s customers.

“You know, when government bureaucrats are sloppy they’re usually really sloppy,” Krik said. “Want to just ask, could you assure to us that no phones inside the Capitol were monitored of members of Congress that would give a future executive branch, if they started pulling this kind of thing up, would give them unique leverage over the legislature?”

“With all due respect, Senator, I don’t think this is an appropriate setting for me to discuss that issue,” Holder replied. “I’d be more than glad to come back in an appropriate setting to discuss the issues that you have raised, but in this open forum..”

Kirk interrupted Holder. “The correct answer would be, ‘No, we stayed within our lane and I’m assuring you we did not spy on members of Congress,” he said.

Watch the clip below via C-SPAN:

2. pspr

pspr

The answer wasn't "no." It was "yes, but let me try to explain."

We have the crookedest administration in the history of our country taking our government to the crookedest it has ever been.

The reason we haven't seen Joe Biden lately is because he is home writing his acceptance speech to become the 45th President and root out the corruption Obama has installed in the government.

Of course, we all know that Biden is not up for the job.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Spying on congress? That might actually light a fire under those pussies in congress.

4. pspr

pspr

That's probably why Obama never calls to talk to them. He already knows what they are saying behind closed doors.

Remember that little slip a couple weeks ago about bugging the Congressional coat closet?

5. achilles28

achilles28

The NSA spies on every Congressmen, Senator, aid, Executive council etc. They are all spied on. For dirt. The entire system works on blackmail. This is decades old.

6. This is not as open and shut as it sounds. Yes, it is a gross violation of separation of pwers, but that is warranted under limited conditions, eg treason or bribery.

There have been plenty of examples over the years of leftwing democrats conspiring with marxist latin american dictators, etc against the President of the United States. It happened repeatedly during the Reagan administration. I assume during the nixon administration they were conspiring with the North Vietnamese.

If either of these republican presidents had resorted to spying on congressmen, the media and democrat party would have gone ballistic and immediately launched impeachment efforts.

We don't know what Obama was up to. The example of the IRS targeted harrassment of conservative groups and the ongoing coverup are not encouraging however.

We need a blue ribbon congressional committee to look into all of this however. Boehner should demand it and announce that no other business will be handled until it is completed. Otherwise, the democrats will slowplay it, Clinton-style, and try to run out the clock.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.

That teary eyed girly man is one of the biggest pussies in the GOP.

8. jem

jem

I am seriously concerned the republican fools will not seize on the perfect opportunity to disband the IRS and get the bottom of the rest of these scandals.
    There seems to be far to much politics and not enough action.

Its unbelievable to me... that few of these guys have the balls to come and and do it.

The left gets to spend their money on all the leftist causes.

lets close the IRS and cap the budget where it is right now.
    Inflation will take of the overspending and our federal govt will eventually come into line on a relative basis.

9. pspr

pspr

Career politicians. They are more worried they might screw up and lose their jobs.

If we had term limits and this was their last term, you bet they would be doing the right thing without worrying about who is going to blame them.

10. holder

I say next time why don't we just water board the guy or pull out all the fingernails on his left hand before we start questioning his sorry treasonous black ass?

#10     Jun 7, 2013