Ask Yourself WHY the SEC is even considering banning ALL short selling.....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hmmm...JP Morgan seems to be making out like a bandit during this whole fiasco...

#21     Sep 19, 2008
  2. Robt Howe CEO Geomatrix
    12:14am eastern
    CNBC Asia

Financial terrorism. Same technique used in Asia last year.

It would seem Cox and his lackeys, under huge pressure from Administration, DOJ guys, are having to come up with a new system to prevent this 2001, 2007 Asia, 2008 Western World raids by offshore raiders.

Cramer is on this too, but only because one of my pals went to short guys who were standing aside to prove it wasn't them, and had them pitch Crames. I call him "Crames" you know. I don't think the guy has sources anymore. But the NY guys are smart enough to know the FEDs were all over these back offices the last two days. What do you think the 50 subpoenas are about? give up a days pay to show it's not you. Smart. You stay out of trouble that way.

Again, I expect offshore scum to steal from us. But why in the world would our own people help? OK, OK, I know the answer; the question was rhetoric. But they'll be hell to pay.

Unfortunately, you and I pay too. We pay in regulation and loss of freedom. But I do believe I said that was coming ad nauseum.

Now, with futures up huge, I'd better get some sleep, so I can figure out how to make a living.

think guys, think outside the box. It's your country too. And we've got problems.

#22     Sep 19, 2008
  3. Cayman Islands, Sterling Bank are two. Locked down. Tracing source of money and players. Lichtenstein. Another real good hiding place. That's why you're just starting to see IRS and Treasury agents picking on UBS. All Western Nations are on this. Just takes a long time. But the money isn't here. You are correct.

#23     Sep 19, 2008
  4. All you had to do is watch MS Wednesday and Thursday. I've seen some shit, but that was brutal. Mack, who is currently under investigation himself, see page 33 of the latest SEC IG report to Congress, told Cox, "if we go down to these short sellers, the blood is on your hands." Of course, Morgan never naked shorted..........

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/06/02/story9.html?ana=from_rss

Remarkable, isn't it? Mack doesn't llike it when it is done to him. How many companies did he kill? (TASR looks good in here, btw)

Are you starting to smell a rat? Thought so.

#24     Sep 19, 2008
  5. CNBC just reported that Schumer said, "what was spelled out behind closed doors was so frightening, we had to work together............."

idiots. He wouldn't talk to us. He wanted to cover up for his pals.

NY, Massachusetts, vote for some decetn candidates. Stew bums, homeless........ anybody but the assholes you send to Washing ton year after year.

#25     Sep 19, 2008
  6. That pos Rankel won't even file his taxes. BTW now we know where that cocksucker got his caribbean villa from

#26     Sep 19, 2008
  7. #27     Sep 23, 2008
  8. Gawd, I hate to be linked to 'conspirancy theorist'.

I saw a problem, researched it with spit and chicken wire. I had a good idea. Then, this Byrne character shows up, and he's willing to spend millions getting the data.

We are not conspiratorial. All the people you see on TV had hard data on the facts. They chose to hang with themoney changers.

#28     Sep 23, 2008

9. So, the highly unusual volume of puts was "not suspicious", because someone supposedly "investigated" and said it was inocuous? They're basically saying it was a coincidence. It may have been a coincidence, but it doesn't seem likely; and certainly not just because someone said it was.

I have never heard a good reason for that spike in volume, and it seems to me to be very unlikely to be a coincidence. I'm not saying that I know who's behind it, but come on. It could have been a number of parties. It could have been the terrorists behind the attacks, for one thing, even if you believe every detail of the official story.

NOTE that they didn't deny the huge increase in volume - they just said that it was basically nothing to worry about. It can't be denied, because the data is right there on the CBOE website, publicly available.

#29     Sep 23, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Sounds preposterous, doesn't it?

Don't be so sure... Think about what's happened since, who benefitted, and how.

#30     Sep 23, 2008