Ask Yourself WHY the SEC is even considering banning ALL short selling.....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Specterx

Specterx

I'm afraid, after reading through all this, it's not at all clear what your thesis is.

It seems entirely natural and not at all sinister that the SEC would want to ban short selling. It's an election year, the job of the Fed/SEC is to see that the markets always go up, and troubles on Wall Street reflect badly on those institutions. It's mainly an exercise in bureaucratic ass-covering. Share prices will go where they're going whether or not shorts are banned.

#11     Sep 18, 2008

2. but yet you do:

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. I'll say this.

Anyone pompous and inane enough to say that nothing should be done about an obvious attack on the Country, should themselves be locked up , for our and their own protection.

I called for this shorting action in a recent post, and I have no inside information , only my own good instincts that this whole meltdown is being gamed by nefarious sources.

For all I know they were paid off to eliminate the uptick rule, so as to make this assault even easier.

I don't believe much, but I do believe what me eyes tell me.

And the denials of imbeciles only make me more certain that I'm probably right.

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. These aren't details. this is public information. Details would make your ass pucker up like a goodnight kiss. Details are where you uncover something, and you turn it over to the authorities, and you dn't hear anything for three years. Then, you see the arrest. Details are where you did for something, chase an ISP, find another and another for the same guy, Details are where Gary Weiss, Sam Antar, Floyd Schneider all post their poisonous slop day after day, year after year, and then, poof, they're gone, and no one knows why.

You guys sit in front of computers and think the squiggles are the end all. It's like watching TV. You see the beautiful actress on you 32"LCD. If you saw her behind the scenes, without makeup, smoking a cigarette, a bit of the allure might disappear. That's my world.

Now, think. For once in your prepubresent lives think. Why would the SEC consider a total ban on Short sellling. Although I think a market holiday is more appropo, and I've heard that rumor, I don't think they can get the ban through. But you have to think about why they'd try.

don't you see how ET has deteriorated into, "man, that's fucking bullshit, man." What good is that? Express a cogent opinion. You're living in a time you'll tell your grandchildren about. You may be living in a fucking tent, eating beans out of a can, but you'll be telling your grandchildren.

#14     Sep 18, 2008
  5. paj

paj

#15     Sep 18, 2008
  6. Anyone wonder where the short Hedge funds are putting all the cash they are making.

Why am I reading in the news about hf's imploding.

Good luck on the elimination of short selling.

There is no money.

The gov't knows this.

If anyone had money the market would go up.

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. Specterx

Specterx

Who should be locked up for creating the housing bubble?

Who should be locked up for offering liar loans and option ARMs?

Who should be locked up when C-class garbage is rated AAA and sold to mom & pop's pension fund, then shorted by the bank that sold it?

Who should be locked up for running the fed funds rate down to nothing and holding it there for a year, allowing Wall Street to take on massive and unsafe leverage?

These are the reasons that we're in a financial crisis. Of course you wouldn't say that people should be locked up for running the market to overvalued highs. I have another great idea: why not just make it illegal for the market to go down? I bet everyone on ET would make money hand over fist.

Finally, the hedge fund industry is down on the year, and as always the results look better than reality because of survivorship bias. Who exactly is making all these billions in profits from trying to corner the U.S. equity markets?

#17     Sep 18, 2008
    #18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. sorry about that. too quick with the trigger finger.

meant to say: excellent points.

#19     Sep 18, 2008
  10. so whats your point? youre predicting an attack or???

the one thing that is common with all these conspiracy theories is everyone who posts them seems to know the 'real deal' or have 'details' yet never posts them, or has anything concrete to say.

make a clear cut statement what you think this is all about, put your thoughts in order, and tell us whats about to happen or STFU.

#20     Sep 18, 2008