Ask Osama bin Laden

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

No, I'm a P&R post reader. I said "you or plenty of others on your side." Can you read?
    For which you can thank your good ol' buddy Dubya. All this horseshit is his and Cheney's doing.
    "We" didn't create shit. Al-Qaeda is entirely Osama bin Laden's and the Saudi kingdom's baby. You're another Blame America Firster, I see.

#21     Dec 13, 2011
  2. Either way you are ill equipped to predict my actions. You should cease your attempts.

I think your crystal ball is cracked. i did not vote for Bush. In fact, I didn't even start voting until before Bush's second term (voted for Kerry in that one)

The alleged mastermind behind the 9/11 terrorists attacks, Saudi-born Osama bin Laden, was recruited during the Soviet-Afghan war, "ironically under the auspices of the CIA, to fight Soviet invaders".(Hugh Davies, "`Informers’ point the finger at bin Laden; Washington on alert for suicide bombers." The Daily Telegraph, London, 24 August 1998).

In 1979 the largest covert operation in the history of the CIA was launched in Afghanistan:

"With the active encouragement of the CIA and Pakistan’s ISI, who wanted to turn the Afghan Jihad into a global war waged by all Muslim states against the Soviet Union, some 35,000 Muslim radicals from 40 Islamic countries joined Afghanistan’s fight between 1982 and 1992. Tens of thousands more came to study in Pakistani madrasahs. Eventually, more than 100,000 foreign Muslim radicals were directly influenced by the Afghan jihad." (Ahmed Rashid, "The Taliban: Exporting Extremism", Foreign Affairs, November-December 1999).

This project of the US intelligence apparatus was conducted with the active support of Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), which was entrusted in channelling covert military aid to the Islamic brigades and financing, in liason with the CIA, the madrassahs and Mujahideen training camps.

U.S. government support to the Mujahideen was presented to world public opinion as a "necessary response" to the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in support of the pro-Communist government of Babrak Kamal.

You don't seem like much of a reader so here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nA7E6EVXl1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7718

tl;dr (too long didn't read) Al Qaeda was an American creation, originally designed to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. We trained them, funded them, and armed them. Like I said, we support them one day only to have to fight them the next.

This would also be true in the case of Sadaam Hussein. We supported his glorious invasion into Iran, only to have to invade his country and hang him a few years later. We support them one day only to have to fight them the next.

Let's circle it back to Al Qaeda, the super mcnasties we are fighting the war on terror for...we fight them in Afghanistan and Iraq, and support them in Libya. Our cycles appear to be getting shorter.

I'm not sure who that makes sense to except maybe a defense contractor. Does it make sense to you?

Finally, I don't blame America...I blame our foreign policy of supporting them one day only to have to fight them the next. To me, it seems counterproductive.

#22     Dec 13, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

well said.

#23     Dec 13, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

You need to look up the word "or", you seem to be confused on its meaning.
    Congrats on being smarter than the typical ET rightie.
    This is a nutbag conspiracy theory. As always, things are more complicated than the usual "CIA did it all" blame-theories. Yes the CIA funneled money to the Afghan mujahadeen. Osama bin Laden was neither Afghan nor mujahadeen; he was a rich Saudi who volunteered to fight against the Soviets in Afghanistan because he saw that as his religious duty. He not only gave money and supplies, he actually fought alongside the mujahadeen until they convinced him that he was more valuable behind the front lines as their conduit of continued money and supplies. The CIA aren't the only people with $$$, you know. OBL provided a means for sympathetic Saudis and possibly other rich Arabs to supply the war against the Soviets without getting their own hands dirty or even appearing to be uninvolved altogether. After ousting the Soviets, OBL, who had absolutely no allegiance to the CIA, turned his sights on the USA because Reagan/Bush I were establishing US military bases in Saudi Arabia, which he saw as an abomination and an effront against Allah.

Your simplistic conspiracy theory that everything is the result of CIA screwups is exactly that: a bogus oversimplification of the real picture.

#24     Dec 13, 2011
  5. First, what source are you quoting or is this just coming from you? Second, and more to the point, did we arm them, train them and support them with intelligence?

Yes.

Do we now fight them? Yes.

Does our foreign policy seem to follow the cycle of supporting a group only to have to fight them at a later time? Yes.

Are there numerous examples of this self defeating pattern? Yes. Already cited.

Not sure how or why you'd label the words of our former Secretary of Defense a conspiracy theory but perhaps you have more reputable sources of information?

#25     Dec 13, 2011
  6. We do have a long and sad history of propping up dictator only to have to bring them to justice later.

Did you know that we knew about Auschwitz? It wasn't our fight at the time, so we simply ignored it until Pearl Harbor, which we allowed to happen.

That piece of info was learned when I still in the military. I was crushed, and afraid because I am aware of our power and was really worried that I had found out something that I should not know, and someone might know that I know.

Then I learned about Pinochet.
    Then I learned about Noriega.
    Then I learned about the School of the Americas, which, ironically, I was on the same base.

So I got out.

Now, we have toppled Murbarak, which was our guy.
    We killed Bin Laden, which was our guy.
    We killed Qaddafi, which was our guy.

We have to stop this, and the only one who will do it is Paul. Obama wants to live longer, he is young. Paul is not worried about the consequences he might incur if he pushes the wrong buttons, and that is why they will never let him in the oval office.

Rant done. Stepping off of soap box.

#26     Dec 13, 2011