Ask me for a financial analysis of any stock

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by meteoraln, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ken__0

ken__0

CCME

#21     Oct 8, 2011
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

SODA

#22     Oct 8, 2011
  3. SOHU or CYOU

#23     Oct 8, 2011
  4. I can't analyze these well because they're financials.

#24     Oct 9, 2011
  5. SLW

#25     Oct 9, 2011
  6. DEXO - This is not a steal. The company is insolvent. Look at the goodwill and intangibles, which are 800m and 2.4bn for 2010. Taking these out show that the total equity is sharply in the red. 2010's large jump in income is a result of a 6.6bn unusual income. There were 2 large unusual expenses in 2009 and 2008 as well. The account receivables are about 70% of last year's income. This company does not look like it's properly writing down bad receivables. Properly accounting for this would lower the total equity even more.

#26     Oct 9, 2011
  7. TNH - This company caught my eye recently too. Using a total shareholder equity of 263m, it's generating 210m for 2010. It has no debt either, resulting in large return on assets and return on equity numbers. It keeps a minimal amount of cash on hand and pays out all the excess as dividends. However, the market cap is 2.8bn vs 263m in shareholder equity leaves a lot of room for decline if the market gets scared for no reason.

NLY - This is a mortgage backed asset fund set up as a REIT, meaning that it has to pay 90% of its income. This particular one holds only securities that are federally guaranteed, or insured. I don't think they are holding anything with significant default risk. However, I'm not sure how the securities that they hold are financed, and I'm not sure how changing interest rates will affect their future earnings.

#27     Oct 9, 2011
  8. AAPL - Rising revenues, rising income, low capital expenditures, rising shareholder equity, AAPL has pretty much everything that I like to see. The only thing that caught my eye in the statements is the jump in accounts receivables for 2009 from 5bn to 10bn. The 10K says that this is due to residuals from carriers as well as prepaid supplies from suppliers.

#28     Oct 9, 2011
  9. BKX - Even though I shouldn't analyze oil related companies, this one looks easy enough. 4 years of negative income, confirmed by 3 out of 4 years of negative cash flow from operating activities, with increasing shareholder equity as a result of diluting the stock via raising money via issuance of stock.

#29     Oct 9, 2011
  10. EL - This company is definitely viable. It has a huge profit margin on it's products, with 8.8bn in revenue and 1.9bn in cost of revenue. Sadly this was offset by 5.7bn spent on selling/general/admin expenses. Furtunately, EL is still left with a decent amount of profits. Shareholder equity is increasing in at a healthy rate from 1.6bn in 2007 to 2.6bn in 2010. Capital expenditures seem to be fairly constant.

#30     Oct 9, 2011