Aside from radicals & reactives and glycation, what other theories of aging are there?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Error Correction Funder, Apr 14, 2018.

1. These both seem like physical buildups of trash.

Radicals and reactives at best break down into accumulations of hydrogen peroxide which totally shuts cells down, and glycation is such an excess of sugar and protein that they combine along with lipids into Frankenstein molecules.

Is there anything else like this? These two seem easily cleaned up. Hydrogen peroxide can be safely reacted away, and fasting burns glycation products. It would be nice to be able to clean out the rest of the real garbage in the body that causes aging.

2. destriero

destriero

I don’t know if this is a practical pursuit for the layperson. 99% don’t understand CA/Krebs; IC-gradient, etc.

If it were simply a matter of supraphyiologic GSH, SOD—we’d all live to 300. Well, some of us. There is a lot more to it than 6:00 on the cycle.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. This is so easy to clean up at least on the exterior lining of the body, GI, skin, and respiratory, that it would be comical if it weren't so tragic.

My only remaining question on radicals and reactive species is if they can be transported from deeper within the body to the outside. If not, at least the body could have a nice surface albeit with a crap engine.

I'm in the second week of my confirmation of a 1962 paper I found that happened upon the cure for at least H2O2 in the skin. My face is showing extremely strong results. Still too early to tell if beard greys are going yet. The expected decrease in H2O2 is approximately 25% per 4 weeks, so a 6% decrease in greys is not easily apparent to me.

4. destriero

destriero

A couple grams of NAC depot and your grey will diminish noticeably.

5. Are all amino acids H2O2 scavengers? They used methionine to clean up greys in hair melanocytes in one study.

Are there any side effects? The molecule I'm trying now can burn above a certain concentration, but there's no reason to expect it to accumulate or interfere.

6. destriero

destriero

No (AA). Source of IC-GSH.

7. Without going into scientific detail one of the most basic causes of aging is based in cell/DNA replication. Cells constantly divide and replicate DNA which is how we grow from nothing to adult. After years, the process of replication begins to deteriorate slowly and erosion occurs in the process and mutations begin to appear (not cancer). Process leads to fauly cells and process begin to break down. It is no surprise that hair cells which constantly replicate to grow start to deterioriate after many cycles and the loss of hair is mostly to blame for this cellular breakdown.

Protein chains and hormones work less efficiently and even malfunction so the body overall begins to "age".

Healthy lifestyles and exercise are the best we can due to delay this effect and reduce the occurrence of mutations/malfunctions. Experimental studies on DNA'/cell repair are being done to slow the process of aging but in terms of pure biology, cells will eventually die over time.

Therefore, reducing all stresses that accelerate cell damage is key, such as cutting sugar intake which causes so much cell damage in our bodies. External carcinogens certainly also cause damage to cell mitochondria leading to cancerous cells. Imagine how many people were cut down in their prime from smoking, asbestos, chemicals or radiation.

The desire is to outlive our bodies but being healthy and hoping to outrun genetically passed down ailments is the best bet :).