Asian Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by achu717, Aug 15, 2002.

1. >>Seems that everybody Asian is from HK, anybody from Taiwan?

>>I'm based in Kaohsiung, so give me a call when you're here, >>maybe we can "hook up" - that's the name of this section, >>right?

>>Pretzel

>>I know a couple of people trading from Taiwan. The problem >>for the majority of Taiwanese and even Hong Kongers about >>posting on this board is that they don't speak English.

>>Taiwan Traders, great to hear that there are live traders from >>Taiwan. I am curious to know how you guys started trading >>U.S. Equities? and what brokers do you use to trade?

I do position trading from Taipei. Sticking to the original queries on this thread, I've also considered moving to other cities in SE Asia.

Agree 100% w/ Def. There is no point moving to HK unless you are doing so on an expat package or you have some other arrangement. Taipei is regularly voted one of the most liveable cities in SE Asia - but Mandarin Chinese skill is all but essential.

If I could just pick up and move right now I would be in ChiangMai Thailand in a heartbeat. The city (er ... town) is old-world beautiful, laid-back pace w/ pedicab transport, and cheaper than dirt. I believe Doom & Gloom Marc Faber calls ChiangMai home. People there are as friendly as you can imagine.

Also toyed w/ moving to Bali for a year or so but the old lady shot that down .... oh well Taipei here I stay.

Another real option in Asia is obviously Singapore. Great infrastructure, reasonable cost of living, clean air, and of course the Simex and stock exchanges are at your doorstep.

Australia and NZ are also obvious choices ...

#51     Nov 17, 2002
  2. hnygaard

hnygaard

Bumping.... And any other traders from Taipei out there?

#52     Mar 26, 2003
  3. pretzel

pretzel

SciTrader is from Taipei.

pretzel

#53     Mar 27, 2003