Asian Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by achu717, Aug 15, 2002.

1. gta

gta

is a good area to live. Not too expensive and is only a 15 mins bus/tram ride from Central (the financial district) in Hong Kong Island.

#31     Sep 6, 2002
  2. pretzel

pretzel

Seems that everybody Asian is from HK, anybody from Taiwan?

pretzel

#32     Sep 6, 2002
  3. and 'one country each side'...

#33     Sep 7, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

I know a couple of people trading from Taiwan. The problem for the majority of Taiwanese and even Hong Kongers about posting on this board is that they don't speak English.

#34     Sep 7, 2002
  5. pretzel

pretzel

def,

Now you know one more. What time do you sleep?

I saw some IB "kiosks" in shopping malls in HK recruiting new acounts when I went there.

BTW, I think I saw your post before mentioning something about IB and Qcharts, any update on this?

pretzel

#35     Sep 7, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

Sleep: whenever my kids let me :)

We have never had a Kiosk in a shopping mail so you must be mistaken. There were a couple of expos or other places where we demoed or were invited to speak.

Qcharts: I'm not sure what is happening - if anything - with qcharts anymore. E-signal, quotetracker, sierracharts are three that I know of that have or are in the process of linking up to our HK data feed for charting.

BTW, I'll be in Taiwan next weekend for a softball tournament.

#36     Sep 7, 2002
  7. pretzel

pretzel

Hi def,

Hard to be trading at dawn for the US markets, so I might switch to ESTX50.

I'm based in Kaohsiung, so give me a call when you're here, maybe we can "hook up" - that's the name of this section, right?

pretzel

#37     Sep 7, 2002
  8. def

def Sponsor

I sent a PM.

#38     Sep 8, 2002
  9. achu717

achu717

Hey,

Taiwan Traders, great to hear that there are live traders from Taiwan. I am curious to know how you guys started trading U.S. Equities? and what brokers do you use to trade?

#39     Sep 16, 2002
  10. merrillb

merrillb

i live in the phillipines..they have dsl capability but expensive to hook up and maintain..costs probably more than u.s.s but cheaper to live here.i don't own a computermyself..i trade at an internet cafe and pay about 20 dollars a month but i dont have realtick or any software to enhance my trading capabilities.

#40     Sep 17, 2002