Asian Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by achu717, Aug 15, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

Central, aka the financial district is on the HK side. People from my office live all over the place. Just a matter of your budget and preferences. Young ex-pats tend to make their living decisions based upon where they go out at night not where they work.

#21     Sep 5, 2002
  2. Hendrix

Hendrix

Def,
    Spoken like a true old f**t! (No offence - I'm beginning to think I'm one myself).
    Next you'll be saying things like "Young people these days......."

#22     Sep 5, 2002
  3. Hendrix

Hendrix

To expand slightly further on what Def said, in general the further north you go (which isn't really far, as the whole of HK is only about 1000 sq km in area) the cheaper it is to live. However, the further north you go, the less you are likely to encounter many people who speak english too.

#23     Sep 5, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

naturally i had to say that. what if someone from head office reads this :) on second thought, you're right. sounds like you lived here and by me saying that i live at parkview probably confirms your comment.

BTW, northpoint is getting "more hip" these days.

#24     Sep 5, 2002
  5. def

def Sponsor

I better qualify my north point comments by "I don't visit there w/o my wife".

#25     Sep 5, 2002
  6. Hendrix

Hendrix

You're definitely hipper than me (I'll have to retract the old f**t comment).......I was unaware NP was the new "in" place. (Is it "in" to live there, or "in" to party there?)

#26     Sep 6, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

didn't mean to imply it is the new in place. a bunch of new restaurants/bars and office towers have opened there. rent is also cheaper and with a few new apartment blocks, i know a few people who have moved there. (I also know of one guy who moved out as he couldn't resist some of the temptations).

for myself and most ex-pats it's still wanchai, lan kwai fong and soho. i rarely venture over to the kowloon side outside of softball.

#27     Sep 6, 2002
  8. Hendrix

Hendrix

I'm with you. Can't go to a place you can't even see at the moment.

#28     Sep 6, 2002
  9. hey, def. does timber hill play off IB order flow?

#29     Sep 6, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

No. Been discussed many times. It's even stated that Timber doesn't use IB order flow for trading decisions in the routing stats supplied to the SEC.

#30     Sep 6, 2002