Asian Timezone -- Another Tradable?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kiwi_trader, Feb 9, 2008.

1. You're profiting off someone else's manipulation? Kiwi, I always thought that was you putting those 150-lot bids into the STW book one tick below the inside bid, driving the market up 7 ticks before you slammed it down again by taking out 5 levels. The one thing I couldn't figure out is if you were getting in or out... now I know. :)

Seriously though, despite the occasional manipulation, I have found STW to move very nicely. I couldn't figure out its movement for the longest time until I started using time-based charts, and now I can see the patterns very clearly. I started trading it only recently, so I hope it is still a good contract to trade once the volatility calms down.

Good luck with your search to find other tradables during the same timeperiod. Let me know if you find anything. Until then, I'll see you in the T&S!

#11     Feb 10, 2008
  2. TGM

TGM

Is the Mini Hang Seng tradeable? I seem to remember it was either very illiquid or US residents could not trade it.

Good sized contract actually.....now that the Hang Seng is such a roller coaster.

You trading it Kiwi? I remember you used to trade the hang seng. What about the mini?

If I remember correctly it is 1/5the value.

#12     Feb 10, 2008
  3. dozu888

dozu888

my observations are along the same lines.

SPI and STW basically give tradeable set ups every day.... the same cannot be said for the SGXNK.

the HSI is certainly wild now..... but with the right risk tolerance, even the most crude method such as n-minute channel break-out can be very profitable.

#13     Feb 10, 2008
  4. def

def Sponsor

yes, and some reasonable volume is going through. Liquidity may not seem good but there are usually a bunch of algo's running from various participants that will trade the MHI against the HSI if the market if the MHI gets a couple of ticks outside the HSI.

Note towards the end of March, a mini HHI will start trading on the exchange as well.

#14     Feb 10, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Anybody have thoughts between intraday movement and intraday margins....I guess what is the best bang for the buck.

#15     Feb 10, 2008
  6. LOL filtersweep. No thats not me but I also perceive the opportunities.

Re MHI TGM. Yes it is tradable. It is tight to the HSI with small overshoots in certain situations (watch them both and you'll start to see it). You can trade it off the HSI if you want but use limit orders :)

Def's right about it being just a couple of ticks.

They're all good bang for the buck.

#16     Feb 10, 2008
  7. joesan

joesan

How can a foreigner trade Thai futures ? through what brokerage ?

thanks

#17     Feb 11, 2008
  8. mokwit

mokwit

9. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

Hi Kiwi,

I'm located in an Asian timezone and looking at similar market alternatives. If I remember correctly you're on NinjaTrader? How do you get the SGX data? Feed NT from IB TWS or some data vendor?

Thanks.

#19     Jul 14, 2008