Asian Markets

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by brockattack, Jan 19, 2007.

1. I just did some looking into the commission structure IB offers for the mini nikkei out of Osaka. Their unbundled offering is a rip off.

bundled is 150 ¥ each way.
    unbundled is 252.50 ¥ each way without any size discounts.

Unless I made a mistake in my understanding of the unbundled pricing, it doesn't work out cheaper to go unbundled until you are doing 10 000 lots or more, even by that stage, you have the extra costs on the initial 10 000 lots for the month.

Trading the full-size nikkei out of Osaka results in nearly 1/2 commission cost under the unbundled structure. This must be an oversight on IBs part. Just gotta be. Everything else is cheaper under the unbundled plan.

Actually, I just noticed that the singapore nikkei also is slightly more costly with the unbundled plan. Maybe it isn't an oversight....

steve@IB or def@IB, is this an oversight on IBs part?

Best regards,
    MK

#11     Jan 23, 2007
  2. def

def Sponsor

our unbundled pricing is by currency and thus the discrepancy. It's on the agenda to change it by product so we can offer more flexible pricing.

#12     Jan 23, 2007
  3. Hi def,

Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure Steve mentioned this was on the agenda to be changed around the middle of last year?? Hope you guys do it soon. It will be MUCH welcomed by all your asian trader customers.

King regards,
    MK

#13     Jan 23, 2007
  4. Thanks for the tip MK,

I am having a hard time determining the value of each point and the number of ticks per point for these Asian futures.

You know, like with the ER2 it has a value of $100 per point and each point has 10 ticks ($10/tick).

Do you have a cheat sheet table that you can share with us?

Thanks,

MM

#14     Jan 23, 2007
  5. http://www.iress.com.au/trading/trade_ios_pd.asp

Au and NZ

this maybe worth your time to look into......I have no activity with this site.......yet......

J

#15     Jan 23, 2007
  6. No, no cheat sheet per say.

Nikkei trades in 5 pt ticks unless you are trading the full-size which trades in 10 pt ticks.

Kospi trades in 0.05 pt tick increments.

Hang Seng in 1 pt tick increments.

Any in particular you are confused over? All is available in the contract specs.

Best wishes,
    MK

#16     Jan 23, 2007
  7. >MarketMonk

For the Nikkei 225 each tick is 10 yen (17410,17420)and the value is 10000 yen per tick(true contract value is 17,420,000
    yen at today's close).
    The Nikkei Mini is 1/2, 5 yen and 5000 yen.
    The JGB is quoted as 134.70, 134.71, with each .01 being
    10000 yen. Today's contract value is 134,710,000 yen.

#17     Jan 23, 2007
  8. Thanks for clearing that up. I am trying to make a cheat sheet like I did for the US based minis.

Contract: ER2
    Name: Russell 2000
    Perf Bond: $3375
    $ per Pnt: $100
    $ per Tick: $10
    Contin: @ER2
    Months: ER2H07 etc
    ATR5:
    ATR14:
    52W H:
    52W L:
    and other stats.
    (since the formatting doesn't work well in these posts just imagine that I have additional columns for NQ, YM, ES, YI, YG, etc.)

I have the above excel sheet filled in, and am trying to do the same for all of the available Asian contracts.

Keep in mind I have not yet opened up an IB account. Just doing some DD prior to.

What is the value of each of these points of change?

What contracts do you like to trade?

Thanks,

MM

#18     Jan 23, 2007
  9. #19     Jan 23, 2007
  10. >MarketMonk

If you go to the page dcraig suggested, the exchange hours
    are wrong for Tokyo and Osaka on the General Information
    page for each contract. The hours on the main page are
    correct.

#20     Jan 23, 2007