Asian markets surging

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Jan 2, 2009.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

are you stupid or what? We have a bull market because Hangseng surged 470points today? Just please tell me one thing in order to determine whether or not to put you on the ignore list, are your other 8500 posts of the same quality?

#11     Jan 2, 2009
  2. Hang Seng 14,912.66 525.18 3.65
    Singapore Straits Times 1,821.46 59.90 3.40

A bull market is technically defined as a 20% rise from the lowest close. Hong Kong and Brazilian markets already entered new bull markets. The Hang Seng is up a whopping 44% from its lows.

EDIT:

now up another 50 points

Hang Seng 14,964.74 577.26 4.01

#12     Jan 2, 2009
  3. IluvVol

IluvVol

Who defined that? Markets pulled back because they were extremely oversold. 30-40% ups after what we have witnessed this year is not extraordinary by any counts. We have seen billion dollar market cap stocks sell off 40-50% overnight and after what we have gone through such corrections are nothing but part of the game.

On fundamental grounds, where are your catalysts for the next 20-30% of up moves? Whats gonna happen with consumer credit and hence spending? What can we expect to come out of Europe? What out of the US? We are at the beginning of some fundamental changes in regards to how consumers finance themselves, their spending habits, savings. This will to a much larger degree affect businesses than what we have already seen.

Technically, each and every longer-term average is still sloping down. Unless we break out of this bear trend such that even long term gauges will point to a stabilizing market I think it would be naive to assume we enter a new bull market. So, on both, technical and fundamental grounds, where do you take your clues from that we enter a new bull market?

Again, I am not saying we go south straight away but I simply dont appreciate shallow analyses nor should anybody else here.

#13     Jan 2, 2009
  4. The surge continues as funds load up on index futures in anticipation the mental recession will soon be over.

SPY is up huge

90.74/25

Bid/Size

the DIA is up a dollar

QQQQ up 20 cents

futures show huge upside:

Dow 8,775.00 48.00 0.55
    S&P 500 905.70 5.60 0.62
    NASDAQ 100 1,217.50 5.00 0.41

Asian stocks surged 3-4% yesterday. European stocks up 1.3%. US futures indicate a 1% higher open.

I hope everyone covered on Friday when they had the chance. All dips R 2 be bought.

#14     Jan 2, 2009
  5. Shallow analysis is right. Chit chat.

#15     Jan 2, 2009
  6. stock_trad3r is an ET employee, for those of you who haven't figured it out yet. There is no possibility that anyone can be that stupid.

Futures in the red, by the way : )

#16     Jan 2, 2009
  7. Yes! I got a PM from a mod telling me that Stock_trad3r is a paid poster and he denied it when I asked him. I believe you are right, he is paid to drum up activity.

Stock_Trad3r, we know you work for ET, just admit it already :)

#17     Jan 2, 2009
  8. IluvVol

IluvVol

Whats the point even if he was??? All businesses that were ever built on the grounds of traffic and revenue alone faltered and went ultimately belly up without a high quality product.

It would be very stupid for ET to let quality suffer in favor of pushing up traffic through idiots such as that dude...

#18     Jan 2, 2009
  9. but i don't

#19     Jan 2, 2009