Asian Futures Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by bolter, Apr 11, 2006.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

Hi All,

I requested a new chat channel to be set up and here it is:

http://wwww.financialchat.com/about/partnerdemo_chatnow.htm

Replace the chat room name with this: #AsianFuturesTrading and chose whatever username you like

............OR.................

alternatively

use an application such as www.mirc.com and connect to the server irc.financialchat.com and then join the chat #AsianFuturesTrader

Let me know if you find difficulties.

#51     Nov 12, 2007
  2. TGM

TGM

Do you trade them through IB? They used to super expensive to trade. I was at a desk that traded them in Singapore because TSE was like 50 bucks a round turn. (of course that was years ago). The minis are kinda liquid in Singapore for position trading.

Japan is supposed to consolidate it's exchanges. It would be nice to see OSE and TSE and all the others consolidate.

#52     Nov 12, 2007
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not sure when this was the case. IB has been one of the most discounted brokers out there for a while.

#53     Nov 12, 2007
  4. TGM

TGM

They are still 10 bucks a round turn even with IB! I am talking about in the late 90's. Commissions in Japan were even more outrageous.

#54     Nov 12, 2007

5. >TGM
    Yes, I use IB. RT is now 1500 yen ($13).
    No talk of TSE and OSE consolidating. The regional exchanges,
    Sapporo etc., are so small that any consolidation would just be
    a big yawn.
    But they are looking into some sort of tie up between TSE
    and the commodity exchanges in thje not too distant future.

#55     Nov 12, 2007
  6. TGM

TGM

It is still like 10k US$ margin and it can be a screamer among the fixed income markets. I see why you trade it. You don't use IB for charting do you? I use Ensign with my IB account.

I do not subscribe to TSE. I used to subscribe to OSE. But there is only so many markets one can trade! I trade German and US fixed income. And I am getting old.

I have the mini jgb charts from Simex but it does not chart good intraday. It is obviously not the main market like TSE. If you get a chance post a one minute Chart of the Big JGB. Maybe I will subscribe to TSE and do some evening trading on it when it gets cold this winter.

#56     Nov 12, 2007
  7. >TGM
    The current margin is 562500 yen. I use eSignal and that
    which is provided by the Japanese brokers for charting.
    Right, Simex is hard to trade. No problem with JGB on TSE.
    I'll post a chart tomorrow. It's past my ZZZ...time!

#57     Nov 12, 2007
  8. >TGM

Yesterday was not a typical day. I'll post one of its
    more usual active days.

Hope this helps.

#58     Nov 12, 2007
  9. >TGM

Here's another.

#59     Nov 12, 2007
  10. TGM

TGM

Thanks. I might have to subscribe and T those up. What are those 1 minute charts?

It looks like it is moving well. Really well.

#60     Nov 12, 2007