Asian Futures Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jonbig04, Jun 8, 2009.

1. so after looking and looking I have come to the conclusion that the only ways to get data for Asian futures, like the Nikkei 225 Osaka contract, is to either open an account with IB (or some other brokerage) or pay esignal $125 a month.

Are there any other avenues? I don't even know if I want to trade it, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to find out without moving, or spending quite a bit of money.

Suggestions?

2. gosh, such a pain! the elusive nikkei feed :mad:

3. You have to PAY for N225 at Osaka Securities Exchange, it does NOT come free with your IB account.

4. ahh I see. I wouldn't mind paying a bit for it, but $125 a month? Geeze.

5. Getting data for exchanges in Japan and finding a broker through which to trade has come up here many times. I live in Japan so I've never had the need to search for such, but from what I've read, IB seems to be the only broker outside Japan with access to TSE and OSE. But the data fee for OSE is only 1200 yen a month. IB gets its data for TSE and OSE from GL Trade. You might try contacting GL Trade locally and see if they will accept an individual account and provide the OSE data. Also there are a number of brokers that offer Japanese futures traded in Singapore. But looking at the bids/asks, they would be rough to trade.
    What's wrong with IB?

Good luck in your search.

6. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

If you're not sure you ready to trade those markets yet, you could go a pretty economical route and choose eSignal's OnDemand service. For $24.95 you could select the entire Asia/Pac region. Data is delayed via snapshot updates but you also get access to minute and daily charts for analysis.

Also gives you a chance to get used to eSignal software and functionality.

Thanks.