Asia Overnight

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ssternlight, Feb 27, 2007.

1. stbruce

stbruce

Nikkei is actually up since the open... it opened gap down about 700. I am just waiting to see what happens when China opens in 10 mins.

#11     Feb 27, 2007
  2. bluud

bluud

You could if you had an inter. account at IB

#12     Feb 27, 2007
  3. On a 15 minute delay, I've got it down 675. Still ample time to head south.

#13     Feb 27, 2007
  4. Singapore looks ugly S Straits Times down more than 5%.

#14     Feb 27, 2007
  5. #15     Feb 27, 2007
  6. #16     Feb 27, 2007
  7. #17     Feb 27, 2007
  8. Well,

The snowfall was beautiful but it's dark now.

I've got HSI down 3.5% at the moment. That's a retrace down from the initial bump but still 1% up from the open.

Let the games begin...:)

#18     Feb 27, 2007
  9. SOLID54

SOLID54

In China red is considered good luck. They where red belts around the new year and give red envelopes full of money to the young. I am not sure of the significance of green, but it makes since they don't use red for down.

#19     Feb 27, 2007
  10. Chood

Chood

Tonight, at the moment, SGX Nikkei is trading above the earlier low in the cash reported by Bloomberg: "Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average slumped 3.9 percent, set for the biggest drop since June 13. Toyota Motor Co. added to declines after the yen strengthened against the dollar in New York, eroding the value of exporters' sales."

I’m a bystander now, plenty glad, too. In the CME Nikkei, which I shorted two Fridays ago, 17,350 was reached (and bettered) today just after 18,350 loomed yesterday. Absent the China Syndrome last night, I likely would have been stopped out today.

The area of my entire set-up – stop loss to take profit – was 90+ percent covered in 24 hours, 85 ticks from the stop, with the take profit not too much above today’s CME low.

Still, I plead guilty to imperfect timing (and understatement) with yesterday’s post (in the Forex forum, "Usdjpy" thread): “Now, if the YEN climbs from here, the NIKKEI oughta hiccup at least. YEN strength this week would give cause for profit taking in the equities, esp. in Jap. exporters. Today's CME NIKKEI may tell.”

#20     Feb 27, 2007