As promised by republicans my health insurance premiums are going up due to Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I follow my doctors advise and recommendations. Quit being a bitch and hating on my medical care

#11     Jun 28, 2012
  2. I have BC/BS as well. Anyway, 36k is quite a fee.. your probably about my age so i doubt is was heart related.

as an aside, what is going to happen to people who don't follow their initial doctors advice i wonder? this is going to be a disaster

#12     Jun 28, 2012
  3. Yeah, I was talking more along the lines of things that you might need right away (not counting drugs) For instance, lets say you went to a pulminologist and were told you needed a nebulizer. You might wait a month or longer before you could get one,meanwhile all you have is your inhaler to get you by until you get it. Where they are the worst though is for the elderly/disabled that might need certain medical supplies on a regular basis. Thats where they drag their feet and people have to pay out of pocket to get supplies they need right away and are not being delivered on time. Generally it will be items that are low cost like $40 or $50 items, but they do it so often, that it runs several hundred dollars per year.

#13     Jun 28, 2012
  4. After MRI's,endoscopies,electrocardiograms,heart sonograms,mutiple hospital tests etc it turned out to be gastro reflux.1 Nexuim and 1 Dexilunt per day and problem was solved

The 36,000 fee dropped with the Insurance company discount

#14     Jun 28, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

Too much politics, dude. I'm curious: Are you able to get a supplemental to offset your deductible?

#15     Jun 28, 2012
  6. I don't think I can get any kind of supplemental with private insurance.I just paid the 3,000 out of pocket

Doctors are also to blame.When they called to verify my insurance and found out I had reached my out of pocket max they recommend every test they could think of

#16     Jun 28, 2012
  7. The way I read it is that if you have insurance, things stay the same. Check the last 10 years for increases in premiums, check the next few months.

If you don't have insurance, then you have to check the box on the 1040 and pay something. A smart, conservative republican thing to do. Pay as you go sort of thing. Why is that so controversial?

#17     Jun 28, 2012
  8. No shit. Tell doctors you're a cash customer and you'll see a much different bill.

#18     Jun 28, 2012
  9. actually i have blue cross too. while i think the premiums are high their service is good and i have no complaints there. they have never even hesitated to approve anything a doctor has recommended as long as you use providers in their system.

#19     Jun 28, 2012