As many as 1,000 U.S. banks may fail

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 15, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

I have a less pessimistic view of your posts. I think that it is good to have a realist who looks at the long term trends as well as short term quick bucks. Also I think your posts usually consist of the best links and info on this forum. They are well informed and detailed. Brilliant for research and furthering knowledge on subjects previously unknown to some members.

I would never put you on the ignore list.

#21     Feb 17, 2009
  2. Wallet

Wallet

He/She's a propaganda machine.

I can read the news for myself, trust me THE DAILY SPIN is pounded into our heads on a daily basis. I never see any correlation to trading offered in these posts.

This is an attempt to flood the forums with negativity and a desperate need to convince us that the Stimulus Handout is needed.

Shrill fodder.

fwiw,

#22     Feb 17, 2009
  3. awesome. I love it. :D I'm going to go buy me some Cali IOU's right away.

#23     Feb 17, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

See I told you it works.
    In no time at all we will be back to full employment.

GM were expecting to lose 90% of their sales, but only lost 50%
    Another 40% gain.

The trick is to exadurate the downside then claim a victory when the numbers are better

#24     Feb 17, 2009
  5. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

in the banking business, the bigger the bank the stronger it is.

the small undercapitalized insolvent banks are being acquired by another bank.

a bank with only 30 customers trading commodities. banks shouldn't be even trading in commodities.

#25     Feb 17, 2009
  6. jjf

jjf

This is excellent thinking.

The hundreds of thousands of layoffs resulting from the takeovers could be renamed RUA (released under-utilized assets)
    They cannot become 'collateral damage' as we reserve that title for foreigners whose names we cannot pronounce.

The RUA would not be shown on the jobs reports and so more good news there, and then they could be redeployed delivering pizzas and show up on next months job creations.

Bring it on!!!

#26     Feb 17, 2009