As little as 427 days for brutal black on white killing.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Sep 9, 2011.

1. A black man brutally beat a white man to death and told the court it was just “a bad-day kind of thing.” He is being slapped on the wrist with a comically weak sentence. He was sentenced to 337 days of timed served and a as little as 90 extra days in a cozy prison mental health facility. Once he completes the 90 days, the officials can recommend that he be released.

The victim was sitting in the driver seat of his car and the perp punched him as many as 25 times through the open window. The victim died ten days later after being pulled off life support. If the races had been reversed this would be a major media event. There would be cries of “hate crime,” hand wringing by politicians, and perp would go away for a very, very long time.

From Columbus Dispatch…

Coy R. Hannah blamed “a bad-day kind of thing” for a road-rage incident in which he fatally assaulted David L. White on a Franklin Township road last year.

White’s widow had her own take on that phrase when she spoke yesterday during Hannah’s sentencing hearing in a Franklin County courtroom.

“A bad day is not having the person that loves you able to kiss your cheek or hold your hand,” Carlene White said. “A bad day is having to tell your doctor to take away his life support. A bad day is having to put your lover in the ground.”

She told Common Pleas Judge Laurel Beatty that “a truly bad day would be giving (Hannah) less than the fullest punishment allowed by law.”

Hannah, 25, faced up to five years in prison for one count of involuntary manslaughter. Beatty sentenced him to four years but gave him credit for the 337 days he served in jail after his arrest.

The judge also ruled that the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction can evaluate Hannah for placement in an intensive-treatment program, which could dramatically cut his time behind bars.

The prison system tailors the 90-day program to an inmate’s needs; if the inmate successfully completes the program, his sentence is reduced to time served and he is released on parole.

http://cofcc.org/2011/09/as-little-as-427-days-for-brutal-black-on-white-killing/

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I bet if I brutally beat his sorry ass to death I'd get a longer sentence.

3. pspr

pspr

After they let him out you can bet he will kill again.

4. Illum

Illum

5. You did read this guy is 25 didn't you? Unless you've been on P90x and some steroids and a hell of a lot a luck you ain't gonna be able to hang with a 25 yr old thug.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes I noticed his age, I'm undeterred.

7. g222

g222

quote from lucrum:

Very good intentions, but would require expending significantly more energy than this scumbag is worth. Now then ... a warm, cozy, 48-hour tete-a-tete exploring new and intetresting methodologies with a pair of bolt cutters, would not only be less exhausting ... for the bolt cuteror ... but less stressful on the hands as well. As for the bolt cuteree ... you're talking about a real workout, now.

8. Larson

Larson Guest

A 50 year old male can take one of these punks out, if he is tough enough, and it HAS been done. Criminals prey on the weak, but there is always that guy out there you are sorry you messed with.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I like the way you think. :)

#10     Sep 10, 2011