As I predicted this morning, FBI will arrest on Quran burning.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 9, 2010.

1. I burned a Koran in my fireplace last night. No big deal.

If I videotaped it and put it on youtube would I cause an international crisis. ?

This whole thing is ridiculous. It is just a stupid book with paper and printed words.

#21     Sep 10, 2010
  2. So not only are you smarter than the world's leading geneticists, astrophysicists, theoretical physicists and other scientists, but you're also smarter than General Petraeus on matters of national security and that of the US forces? Amazing.

#22     Sep 10, 2010
  3. I'm having some difficulty keeping score on this one, so let me see if I have this straight ....

Burning an American Flag by a nutcase American Citizen = protected self expression and 'accepted' form of protest.

Several Nutcase American Citizens tauting grieving family members as they bury their son and fallen U.S. Soldier = legally protected self expression and 'accepted' form of protest.

Thousands of Nutcase (or Normal) American Citizens protesting the construction of a Mosque at Ground Zero = bunch of racists. Also, 'Government' should not 'get involved' as 'Freedom of Religion' issues rule the day. "Constitution quite clear on this" often heard sound bite.

A single Nutcase American Citizen threatens to burn a book (but does not actually burn anything) = Hate Crime - warrenting a visit from FBI.

Wiki-leaks posting U.S. Military Documents on their web site = AOK, but with some possible National Security issues for the U.S.A. moving forward.

A Nutcase American Citizen wants to burn a book in Florida = monumental threat to the country and U.S. Soldiers around the world.

Really, folks?

- Spydertrader

#23     Sep 10, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

One word will resolve your difficulty: consequences.

Glad I could help.

#24     Sep 10, 2010
  5. Tom B

Tom B

+1

#25     Sep 10, 2010
  6. Yes you got it in a nutshell. The inconcistency to me means something is going on behind closed doors that we are not being made aware of.

#1 I suspect Big Oil has something to do with this.

#26     Sep 10, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

That pretty well sums it up.
    Any comments to the contrary are made mostly trying to defend their own hypocrisy.

#27     Sep 10, 2010
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I'm thinking about having a cookout tomorrow. If I do, I'll get a big grill and put a bunch of korans in it and grill some pork chops. All ET members as well as the FBI are invited. Please respond here if you are interested in attending.

#28     Sep 10, 2010
  9. #29     Sep 11, 2010
  10. Gayfly, you really need to give up your constant argumentum ad verecundiam (appeal to authority) and learn a new trick like how to think for yourself.

Not only do you meekly accept whatever any science, philosophy, or military "god" says, no matter how silly, you also hide behind your "gods'" apron strings like a child when you're getting your ass whipped in a debate.

Appeasement didn't work with Hitler so explain why it would work with Islamofascists. How is it in the long term national security interests of the United States to start shutting down the First Amendment because we don't want to offend terrorists?

P.S. What else would we expect from the one who accused someone of treason without even knowing what it meant? :p

#30     Sep 11, 2010