As I predicted this morning, FBI will arrest on Quran burning.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Plan A: Ask the "Reverend" Al Sharpton what he would do. The FBI, media, et al don't mess with African American community.

#11     Sep 10, 2010
  2. You wish you were black. Maybe in the afterlife, your burning desire will be fulfilled by god.

#12     Sep 10, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Has the preacher been threatening to burn the koran for weeks now? Because he got a visit from the FBI weeks ago...

#13     Sep 10, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

It is not illegal, only irresponsible. Irresponsible only in light of the reactions it may cause.

It is illegal to shout "fire" in a crowded public place, so your right to free speech is not absolute.

#14     Sep 10, 2010
  5. Jul 26, 2010 - Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center has called for the burning of the Qu'ran--spelled with a common variant spelling, Koran, in the title of the church's event, the "International Burn A Koran Day," which is scheduled to take place on September 11. ...

#15     Sep 10, 2010
  6. Can a person walk into a public place and threaten to shout "fire"?

#16     Sep 10, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

You'll have to ask a lawyer. That might fall under uttering threats. But I bet that person gets a visit by law enforcement, also.

You remind me of the old joke the inmates used to tell:

Convict, after being sentenced: Your honor, what would you do if I said you're an asshole?
    Judge: I'd find you in contempt of court.
    Convict: What would you do if I thought you're an asshole.
    Judge: Nothing, there's no law against thinking.
    Convict: Ok, I think you're an asshole!

#17     Sep 10, 2010
  8. Arnie

Arnie

So, should that be the standard? How someone might react?

I think you have the right to burn the flag. If enough people threaten violence for doing so, should that make it illegal?

And this isn't like yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre. This guy is expressing his views, and thats protected speech. The big mistake the Rev made is he should have opened a titty bar and had the dancers do the burning. We all know that that's what the founders had in mind when they drafted the 1st Amendment, right?

PS I think this guy is a nut, and he's looking for 15 minutes of fame.

#18     Sep 10, 2010
  9. +1

Appeasing Hitler didn't work and appeasing Islamofascists won't work either.

#19     Sep 10, 2010
  10. My prediction is he will not burn the Quran, he already got his special message from the FBI.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/10/florida.quran.burning.imam/?hpt=Sbin

#20     Sep 10, 2010