As America's waistline expands, costs soar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, May 1, 2012.

1. TGregg

TGregg

For reasons I do NOT understand, obesity is not linked to morbidity. It seems crazy on the face of it though. I should dig into that study and see if they discounted for all the illnesses, meaning once we take out all the people who died from heart disease and diabetes and such, then fat people live just as long as thin ones.

#21     May 15, 2012
  2. Yes, but not on the individual, rather put that tax on the resturant chains that serve the un-healthy food. Guess what, better/healthier choices suddenly appear on the menu, go figure.

How many of those dumb-ass food network shows, Iron Chef, Chopped, etc, actually award healthy cooking? Seems these brilliant chefs could turn out a few healthy and tasty meals.

Aww fuck it, just watch Man .vs Food and enjoy your 4k cal. breakfast burrito. I'm long insulin and wheelchair manufacturers for the FNL's. (Fat -N- Lazy's)

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

#22     May 15, 2012
  3. Seems they almost always go for maximum flavor over other considerations. Of course lots of things taste savory and rich when cooked in butter, then slathered in bacon grease or duck fat.... then add cream cheese or sour cream... and VIOLA!

#23     May 15, 2012
  4. Gyles

Gyles

:D A good one, Scataphagos :)

FightTheFuture, hopefully not :(

#24     May 30, 2012
  5. No way. I want the tax directly on the lardo's just like they taxed the smokers to death (ahahahaha).

$5 tax on a triple angus burger....:D

Milk shakes..... uhmmmmmmm ten dollars, who needs a milkshake anyways. Milk is hazardous to the envirnoment.

Chezzeburger pepsi, okay......1st one of the day...tax exempt.

#25     May 30, 2012
  6. big butt documentary.

s

:cool:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7lYzUAGPDM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7lYzUAGPDM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

#26     May 30, 2012
  7. You're close, put a prepaid health care premium on the unhealthy foods. Eat healthy and your health care premiums go way down, live on cheese burgers, fries and all you eat places and your health care premiums go way up. Simple.
    Ride a crotch rocket, pay a health insurance premium. Those who use the system the most pay the most.

#27     May 30, 2012
  8. makes me want a cheeseburger right now..daaaaaaamn

& Onion rings

#28     May 30, 2012
  9. I had to wean myself off cheeseburgers, had to slim down to take weight off the knees.
    Side benefit is I'm feeling a hell of a lot better eating less and healthier.

#29     May 30, 2012