As a Forex Trader, I find this market impossible

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by clockwork71, Jan 23, 2019.

1. %%
    Yes Clockwork50+ 71;
    except in many derivatives market$ [not all] ,i got the impression many had been reading the same trading books as me- not good or good profit for me. May not be liquid enough for daytrades- but plenty liquid for me+ pays trader a 1.6% yield, strangely; SDOW

Sudden drops + pops dont happen much on 5 hour/weekly charts.Interesting even Don Bright Daytrading Co hated 5 minute charts- too slow. :cool::cool:LOL + true.NOT a daytrading ad.

I had to pay a dividend when i shorted DAL....................................

#21     Jan 24, 2019
  2. I`m using semi-algo min based system, also tracking VIX for a direction.

#22     Jan 24, 2019
  3. cvds16

cvds16

vix for fores ? that seems strange.

#23     Jan 24, 2019
  4. %%
    YES; trade/invest something very liquid, unless swing /position trading. Another thing about lack of liquidity, tech analysis is defined as study of price + volume.:cool::cool:. Clockwork71/50, consider doing more than shorter time frame, for profit, unless you are addicted to action-in that case, no one can help you.

Clockwork71/50 Dont believe everything you read in WSJ. Great newspaper,almost as good as IBD[weekly]; but that article late 2018 of ''machines mindlessly selling, ruined the market'' unquote, that is nonsense. Every machine is programmed by someone. Actually i'm an action addict,also, but i channel plenty of that into research, not churn'em + burn 'em. Good question

#24     Jan 24, 2019
  5. you`ll find correlated pairs eventually.

#25     Jan 24, 2019
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i have done a lot of work with vix, spx, adv-dec, trin you name it and have never found anything really good without asking for exact details in general how are you using the vix?

#26     Jan 24, 2019
  7. It goes up you sell,it goes down you buy.

#27     Jan 24, 2019
  8. billv

billv

Hi Chris

My immediate thought is that your strategy needs work or its not suited to the current market conditions.
    Perhaps it only requires a little bit of fine tuning?

Without knowing your strategy I cannot give you my opinion but in general the best trading filter is time.

Trading during certain hours of the day increases our chances of success.
    May I suggest that you scan your charts and find out what hours are best suited to your strategy and the instruments you trade.

If you find that your strategy works best during Late London hours and you are not available to trade during those hours then you would need to look for an alternative strategy.

#28     Jan 26, 2019
    cvds16 likes this.
  9. TommyR

TommyR

lol yeh that is one thing about a mean reverting process however...

#29     Jan 27, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

ROFLMAO :)

#30     Jan 27, 2019