As a Californian, I thought I had the worst govt in the union

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Dec 1, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

Been living here since 1985, had ups and downs, but never really considered moving. I can't count on the fingers of both hands and the toes of both feet how many friends and neighbors have moved out because they could not afford to live here. I've learned to live frugally, have a decent job and make a little money in the market, so I'm hanging in. Many of the friends that had to move away simply could not live frugally, none of them ever even considered shutting off cable television for instance, and none of them had a job that they liked, they kept bouncing from job to job.

There's a Democratic super majority in Sacremento now though, and there are rumblings off in the distance of massive tax hikes if Prop 13 is repealed, or even partially repealed. This does indeed scare me.

#11     Dec 1, 2012
  2. They pay these kids $8.50 an hour to pass out fliers and "pay" them to go to a museum.

Myy first thought: The people running the museum are going to go to TPTB and ask for more funding for the museum because attendance is up.

----------------

So this is all we can expect from teens? Pass out fliers? What a motivation killer.
    ---------------

Some academic somewhere came up with this "idea" and ta da funding is granted. There used to be very good youth programs, that built muscle and character, but that method is archaic and irrelevant, paying for trips to museums and passing out fliers is "sexy".

The problem is, money is worthless. Has no value. Throw it away on lame ass programs. There's too much money floating around. If our country was broke, this shit wouldn't be happening.

#12     Dec 1, 2012
  3. Brian (dog) as a substitute teacher,, his pupils find out they can be sumbody.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" data="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/adultswimtv/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/adultswimtv/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="id=a0f93cd0d1008c123f59c600bbc00d11" /><embed src="http://i.adultswim.com/adultswim/adultswimtv/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="id=a0f93cd0d1008c123f59c600bbc00d11" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#13     Dec 1, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Then why do you act like one all the time?

#14     Dec 1, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

One time When i was still in an office, i was trying to post a fake bid for 50k shares to make the stock go up a little or to see if i could buy myself a little time to lighten my position, and somehow the price was stroked up 25 ticks, i ended up losing 75k by the time i figured it all out, so i grabbed my keyboard and smashed it against a pole as hard as i could, A big piece of the keyboard hit our branch manager in the face and cut him open, he didnt need stitches, but he could have lost an eye, i was surprised how well he took it, but at the time i was their top earner so there wasnt much they could do about it.

Anyways when you end up being at the store buying a new keyboard after you get over how pissed you were about the loss, it comes to you pretty quickly how fucking stupid it was to smash the keyboard on top of everything....

#15     Dec 1, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

The biggest reason I didn't grab my .45 out of the closet and shoot that computer I mentioned. It occurred to me the bullet could end up in the neighbors house.

#16     Dec 1, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Aw...I bet you can't get Yosemite, an LA Lakers home game at the Staples Center, the San Diego Zoo, San Luis Obispo, beautiful San Francisco, or about a million other things I could name.:p

#17     Dec 1, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Yosemite is awesome.

Tsing is troubled lately, nothing is working, everything and everyone is doomed. Obama winning, no, his team losing, has really shook him up.

#18     Dec 1, 2012
  9. hughb

hughb

LA Lakers = Smell A Fakers

#19     Dec 1, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, Ricter now you are playing that false confidence game that RCG likes to play, i hate to say it, but it definitely seems like you have been getting angrier and angrier lately, i notice you mention my name now all the time when i have nothing to do with the conversation even though i have never done the same to you.

It is alright to admit to the fact that you are getting frustrated, but your attempts to spin it are weak.

I always used to say that i respected you, because atleast you would admit to being a communist, but now you are trying to have your cake and eat it too, it is economic fact that free market economies are more efficient, you know it as well as krugman and everyone else, your economics arguments might garner more respect for you, if you went back to trying to argue the whole fair share side, instead of constantly trying to fight the battle the big government somehow leads to higher prosperity and more efficient economies.

Atleast you have a leg to stand on in terms of the fair share argument, the reason i always laugh at dickwads like krugman is because it is very simple economics, like first year stuff where you learn that the private sector is far more productive than the public sector, and you also learn core principles like people gaining maximum satisfaction by spending their own mioney the way they desire. No one can argue with those basic principles, yet guys like krugman, who should know better do exactly that, somehow trying to imply that government is more efficient, even though that has been disproven every single time in history.

The problem you and krugman and these far left economists are making is that you keep trying to argue in favour of left wing ideology from an economics stand point, and it doesnt hold any water whatsoever, keep arguing fair share, and gini coefficients and you atleast have an argument that is valid, even though it isnt something i agree with.

#20     Dec 1, 2012