Article shows that Wal-Mart makes neighborhoods poorer where it opens

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pagan Sunday, Feb 18, 2011.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

They probably cancelled it because nobody has any savings in the USA.

#31     Feb 18, 2011
  2. Walmart had over $400 billion dollars of revenue for 2010. Thats $400 billion dollars that is not recirculating here creating jobs and making us wealthy.

#32     Feb 18, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

The area I live in won't let Wal-Mart in and we have KMart... talking about screwing up a neighborhood, try buying something worth keeping at a KMart sometime... Wal-Mart was early adopter of the just-in-time-inventory system, I doubt that KMart has that in place even today and the quality of the stuff they sell is absolutely abysmal in a lot of cases... not so bad with Wal-Mart...

#33     Feb 18, 2011
  4. Yes, you can blame Chinamart. It has been proven that every small town ChinaMart invades all the small shops in town close down.

Also, millions of manufacturing jobs are now in China instead of the US because of ChinaMart, ChinaKmart, ChinaTarget and all of the other big giant ugly stores like them.

Buy American!

#34     Feb 19, 2011
  5. I know why Wal-Mart makes people poorer. Because the few times that I'm forced to go there I just get the most overwhelming feeling to not be a <b>"Self-Employed Entrepreneur"!</b>

#35     Feb 19, 2011
  6. I think more than teeny "mom and pops" what walmart killed where the regional chains such as Bradlees, Zales, Ames. I know The Ames discount store in the area I grew up in shut down shortly after a walmart opened 15 miles away. It seemed not long after that the entire chain was dead.

#36     Feb 19, 2011
  7. Regardless,

Walmart is truly a disgusting store which has had a monumentally destructive influence on American culture.

#37     Feb 19, 2011
  8. +1

some POS companies should never be allowed out of bankruptcy

#38     Feb 19, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Dude, are you a cartoon or a real person?

#39     Feb 19, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Exactly. Ever wonder who is paying off our "good" leaders to prevent Walmart from getting into the banking business?

#40     Feb 19, 2011