Article on Market Maker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by harrytrader, May 30, 2004.

1. also on Sec:
    http://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/34-42259.htm

"It is no secret that companies wield restriction of access as a weapon against analysts who issue a negative research report on their stock. Retribution ranges from refusing the analyst's calls for information, to barring the analysts from mailings, conference calls, and meetings, and even <font color=red>threats of </font> legal action and <font color=red>physical harm.</font>"

#21     Jun 1, 2004
  2. Ikspec

Ikspec

Speaking of which, how are the locals in the energy pits doing these days? If past experience is any guide, markets without a lot of transparency (screen access etc.) tend to be very good to locals and last I heard the energy markets weren't very transparent.

They launched mini-crude a while ago but last I looked at it (which is admittedly a very long time ago), there was hardly any volume. Is there something comparable to globex for the energy pits?

#22     Jun 1, 2004
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Yes and about all Ney did in his "expose" book was to publish some charts and then make hypothesis' about what insiders (company leadership) were doing. I don't think he proved anything at all. Ney's stuff is right up there with other conspiracy theories.

Max

#23     Jun 1, 2004