Article on Antidepressants

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DataCruncher, Feb 27, 2008.

1. If you want to stay healthy, stay as far away from doctors as humanly possible.

The only exceptions I'd make is for acute bacterial infections, if you are suffering from an acute organ failure or organ issue, such as a heart, gallbladder, spleen, appendix, liver, or if you need trauma care to stabilize your vitals after a car wreck (especially loss of blood or head injuries causing brain swelling/edema), etc.

Eating right, managing stress and exercising - ticket to good health and hopefully never having to see a doctor for any reason.

The sickest people I know are the one's who fail to take control of their health, and leave it in the hands of a physician.

Also, read a book called 'Selling Sickness,' written by a doctor and a former big pharma exec. Finding cures for diseases is not a profit-maximizing business model. Inventing diseases, and getting people hooked on maintenance medications to 'treat' diseases for their entire lives is the goal of big pharma and the aligned medical community.

Why cure people and make squat when you can have them visit you twice a month and get kickbacks from the drug companies for writing scripts? - not to mention the golf, boating and skiing junkets that are all expenses paid.

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Are you Claritin clear? Fcuk!, my whole family thinks they have allergies and take this shit every day. No, not too expensive, but I grew up with a runny nose and itchy eyes and lived to tell about it.

#12     Feb 27, 2008
  3. so has anybody had positive experiences in the long run from taking antidepressants? anybody ever try herbal antidepressants? I don't mean illegal drugs I mean like the kinds of products you find in places like GNC

#13     Mar 2, 2008
  4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

to say anti depressants are worthless is inaccurate. i know 2 people who take anti-d's and they have been helped tremendously. it took my one friend a while to find the correct one but when he did,his life changed for the better. another guy i know takes welbutrin and he swears by it.

#14     Mar 2, 2008

5. Depression is a clinical sickness and serious one. It needs to be treated. These medications are very helpful they do have side effects and yes they will improve your trading outlook when you start feeling better.

It seems like that a majority of ET posters are clinically depressed.

#15     Mar 2, 2008
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

When I was in college I transferred halfway through, after doing so I saw what a mistake I had made and this made me depressed. I began taking anti depressants (which may have been a mistake because my depression was caused by transferring from my original school) after eight months of taking them I was no less depressed however I now had a very short temper.

On the other hand they work like a charm for a close relative of mine.

#16     Mar 2, 2008
  7. bathrobe

bathrobe

DataCruncher,
    My relative had a very positive experience taking Zoloft.

#17     Mar 2, 2008